please reccommend car hire - Malaga Airport

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Cat65
Andalucia.com Amigo

please reccommend car hire - Malaga Airport

Postby Cat65 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi folks
Well pretty much sorted for our next wee visit to Andalucia...I went to book our car hire(family sized) from our usual Amigo Autos and had nothing but hassle with their website and now had an email to say my reservation has been cancelled without any explanation. :wtf:
So to save me ploughing through the various online car hire options could you please reccommend one/some which wont cost us an arm & a leg...I have looked at the forum's list and got as far as "Andalucia car" and they have car types at similar price as we were gonna book...just need to know if they are good?..or can you suggest car hire you use?
Looking for an estate(ford peugeot etc or the likes of a picasso C4/5) for around £350-£420 for a 10 day hire.
cheers folks...
Cat x
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."holy *beep*..what a ride!"

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Re: please reccommend car hire - Malaga Airport

Postby country boy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Friends and Family use Helle Hollis, definately not the cheapest but good and reliable.
Just Google Helle Hollis.

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:46 pm

The five times we have rented a car in Spain, we used www.dragoncars.com.
Never had a problem and the rate for a 3 month rental was always good. Can't hurt to have a look at their site.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

Cat65
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cat65 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks!
Country boy I checked Helle Hollis but the family cars are "sol out" for the time we are gonna be there :problem:
JAWG excellent they are really reasonable I have sent off to get a quote :thumbup:
cheers
Cat x
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."holy *beep*..what a ride!"

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:05 pm

I have been with www.arrowcars.es for 4 years now. We have one car on full-time rental........much cheaper with them than running/buying one and rent for family and friends when they visit.

We are carefull but I am ashamed to say that we inadvertantly "trashed" the last car we had with them :oops: , but they took it in good spirt and gave us a nice new one!

ALWAYS first class service...........and cheap!

Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Malagacarhire.com

I made an assumption and keyed in 24th July till 2nd August (10 days) and estate car. It came up with:-
£386 for a Seat Ibiza estate 1.6
£386 for a Peugeot 407 2 litre

This may sound nuts, but I'd go for a Peugeot Partner. Loads of space and only £296.

Not much oomph as it's only a 1.3 but you will have the space.

Rates are fully inclusive including comprehensive and public liability insurance and no "hidden extras".

http://www.malagacarhire.com/
Dave

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Additional ...

"Our discounted prices include comprehensive insurance on the vehicle, all additional drivers, unlimited mileage, bail bond, collision damage waiver, theft waiver, public liability cover, all taxes, an emergency back up service and, apart from the cost of petrol and (if applicable) a late meeting charge, there are no hidden extras. NO INSURANCE EXCESS IS PAYABLE."

"Vehicles are supplied with a full tank for which a deposit is charged. This is refunded in full if the vehicle is returned with a full tank."

The last part means no fuel rip-off. Fill the car up at the BP station before you return the car.
Dave

curatokid
Resident

Postby curatokid » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:33 pm

:thumbdown:

Dont touch Goldcar or Record, both give reasonable quotes but the add ons and fuel charges are prohibitive, be warned. :thumbdown:

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:52 am

It just happens that our monthly renew came in this morning with ArrowCars.

New Seat Ibiza.............385e........for 28days.

As mentioned earlier. two weeks ago we returned another Seat that one of our dogs had got into [long story] and eaten some trim and two seat belts and shed a whole load of hair. We also returned it half full of fuel [should have been full-full]. We do look after these vehicles and were mortified at what happened.

Jeremy, at Arrowcars, was of course not happy but understood and dispite the repair costs and losing two weeks re-rental only asked us to take care of the new one.

Top class company run by first class people............

Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

PeterI
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby PeterI » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:39 pm

I use Carjet because of the no insurance excesses and free extra drivers. They use Goldcar and Auriga Crown, but is cheaper than booking direct. Goldcar charge about 60E for fuel Auriga 40E

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:26 pm

"I use Carjet because of the no insurance excesses and free extra drivers."
There are loads that do exactly that, and without the queues and fuel ripoff. I moved on from Carjet several years ago, after many delays, the final wait of an hour and a half was the last straw. I along with others here pay forty odd pounds a year for extra insurance, an annual policy. If you read the small print and see what is NOT covered by carjet and the others, (typically glass, tyres, wheels, underside of car and lost keys)it's money well spent.
http://www.insurance4carhire.com/
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alexander1 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Would always recommend Helle Hollis - but have also in the past used:

http://www.brunoscar.com/malaga.do

worth a try.