Picking up at Malaga airport

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
oscarposcar
Andalucia.com Amigo

Picking up at Malaga airport

Postby oscarposcar » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:36 pm

I haven't been to Malaga airport since the new bit opened - is it still possible to wait in the car outside arrivals or do you have to park to go and pick someone up? It's a Ryanair flight so I think it comes to terminal 2. Any tips appreciated... Thanks

julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: Picking up at Malaga airport

Postby julian » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:03 pm

best to arrange to pick them up outside departures, not arrivals

.Griff.
Resident

Postby .Griff. » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:40 pm

As above. Just tell them to go up in the lifts, outside and turn right.

When you arrive in the car go up the ramp and you'll find yourself outsides departures.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:10 am

Although Ryanair use terminal 2, arriving passengers will still come out through Terminal 3 arrivals. But you can't get a car to that part.

As Julian and .Griff say, go up the ramp to Term 2 departures and get them there, but don't leave your car unattended. They can be a bit quick with the grua. If in any doubt, stick it in the car park, for all it costs.

Incidentally, has one ever been able to wait outside arrivals. Most people waited upstairs, which is departures.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:19 am

You can get to Arrivals by going through the new tunnel and going right round the roundabout at Cargo. Then you bear right on the way back, passing the taxi station and you get to Arrivals; but you cannot wait there, pick up only. So you need to be well co-ordinated with your arrivees.

Best to go to Terminal 2 Departures, as stated, or park in the car park opposite Terminal 2 departures. [Though half of it was closed on Monday]

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:17 am

That's typical. Get the car park fully open, then close half of it again at the height of the tourist season.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:15 am

ajtg1952 wrote:You can get to Arrivals by going through the new tunnel and going right round the roundabout at Cargo. Then you bear right on the way back, passing the taxi station and you get to Arrivals; but you cannot wait there, pick up only. So you need to be well co-ordinated with your arrivees.

Best to go to Terminal 2 Departures, as stated, or park in the car park opposite Terminal 2 departures. [Though half of it was closed on Monday]
I think you'll find that's an 'Authorised Vehicles Only' access. I used that road when T3 first opened and the taxi drivers weren't impressed and made a big deal of noting down my reg no and tried to block me in. Safer to go to departures at T2 as suggested.
" If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you"