Weather Warning

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Weather Warning

Postby Enrique » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:27 am

Spectacular lightening over Malaga last night as we drove north up the A45, flight delayed 40 mins due to storm near the airport.
Disappointed with facilities at the airport ,is there only VIPS restaurant open this side of security :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:27 am

Enrique wrote:Spectacular lightening over Malaga last night as we drove north up the A45, flight delayed 40 mins due to storm near the airport.
Disappointed with facilities at the airport ,is there only VIPS restaurant open this side of security :?:
On the departures floor near the security section (frisking area) there is a Burgerking. I know its not french cuisine :lol: but its hot and cheaper than the VIP place.

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:38 pm

It has gone very dark here, wind is picking up too and we can hear some distant rumbles....oooh the heavens just opened!! :D I love storms.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:17 pm

rafiki wrote: Wow Karen, half an hour from Sevilla to Matalacañas is very, very quick!
Rafiki - understandably, i dont give my exact location on here. Indeed i am situated 30 minutes closer to Sevilla than Matalascanas is. :crazy:
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi scotty,
Saw Burgerking but it was closed, only places open Costa Coffee and VIPS ,this at 21:30 in Spain with flights scheduled to leave after 00:30. :evil:
Will be looking out for some outside places for the next trip down..........anyone used the Holiday Inn Express just before the Airport turn in :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:44 pm

Enrique - plenty of eating places in Plaza Mayor not far from airport.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:55 pm

Another weather warning for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.aemet.es/documentos_d/enport ... 2tesp1.pdf

Very wet and windy on Friday.

Sid

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:55 am

Absolutly blowing a gale in Alhaurin, all the stuff in the garden is all over the place.. we drove down to the airport at 06,15 and we are walking about just in t-shirts its 18 degrees here ?? so confusing, the sky looks like its going to pour down any second !
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:06 am

I got an email from my home insurance company yesterday telling me that an alerta naranja was in force for Velez-Malaga from late last night until the end of today, for heavy rain and strong winds and giving basic advice such as making sure drains and guttering is clear and all external doors and windows closed - I've never received such an email before. It has rained overnight but not particularly heavily, and is windy this morning but doesn't seem anything out of the ordinary. Perhaps the worst is still to come.