she wants to go back to UK

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
patchdog
Resident

she wants to go back to UK

Postby patchdog » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Doh,tradgedy has struck. My partner after 5 years of living in small town in Cordoba province wants to go back to uk. I dont want to go, so I am trying to set up some sort of exhange of houses for a month or so,in the hope that her in doors will change her mind after a month back in blighty. So if anyone wants to accommodate us,let me know please.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: she wants to go back to UK

Postby julian » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:12 am

unfortunately it doesn´t work like that....... you´ll have to sell up,move everything back, buy a house and move in..then ,and only then will she change her mind !! :wink:

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:25 am

You will just need to check that her passport is in order and book her flights, then. :lol:

patchdog
Resident

Postby patchdog » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:35 am

The replies are very relevant and we definately got very near to what you suggested White Horse. If it wasnt for the lust on offer I think that option would have been implemented. Julien its worse than I first thought, she wants to move back to near her divorced sister.........ugh.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:36 am

maybe moving her divorced sister over to spain is another option, maybe markwilding could see if there is anything for rent in his area.

patchdog
Resident

Postby patchdog » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:45 am

Cant be done Julien, shes ensconced in Cornwall surrounded by an ever enlarging family. If they go to the supermarket,its classed as a day out. She came to Spain once, stank the house out with smoke and wanted to get back each and everytime we took her to see the sights of Andalucia. Its a probelm.

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:49 am

I had the same problem with my partner of 20 years earlier this year. As we have 2 kids and I wasn't about to up sticks and move them only for him to change his mind again. I told him to go back by himself, find us a house, find a job and sort out schools for the kids and then I would consider it. He was back within 10 days having changed his mind. So, send her back on her own to stay with her smoky sister and find somewhere to live while you 'sort out' the Spanish affairs!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:28 am

"she wants to move back to near her divorced sister"

looks like the two divorced sisters will be able to keep each other company !!!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:31 am

It's like Patty & Selma from the Simpsons!

Dave

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:49 am

I would go with Crazyred´s suggestions Patchdog.........say 2 months starting in October, that should cure here, if not then you will be in position of having to choose country or partner.

hiker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby hiker » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:56 pm

I often get homesick, especially for my boys and I often return for a visit.
After a week at home I can't wait to get out of the bloody place.... :crazy:
putting the "ANDA" into Andalucía..:)

scampicat
Resident

Postby scampicat » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:47 pm

I LOVE coming back to the UK for several months as we have done for the past two years.

Then I enjoy Spain for the rest of the time.

I love the city and all its facilities in the UK and my mountain village in the middle of nowhere in Spain. best of both worlds.

Luckily we have a house in both countries.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Patchdog

Are you a man or a mouse? Squeak up for yourself!

Dave

patchdog
Resident

Postby patchdog » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:10 pm

I think the pussie may have the upperhand.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:30 pm

i that´s the case you will have problems later in life as I hear they often go on strike.......seriously though work out a compromise...and do offer a proper trial, a couple of weeks in the wet is not a trial, make it 2 months and reality starts hitting home.......especially when it gets dark at 4pm...if it doesn´t then you need to negotiate something and no be hide bound by others concepts of life, there are lots of expats where one party lives/works elsewhere - keeps the in love bit more alive i think anyway.......I pray my OH goes away alone at least once a year!

patchdog
Resident

Postby patchdog » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:09 pm

Has anyone had any experience with exchanging houses for a few weeks?

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:34 pm

I think you would be better letting her think you are agreeing with her totally, agree to go with her and say you are leaving the house in Spain with a agent to sell, so rent a place in UK, give it 3 months or so, time to get reaquainted with the uk, and then weigh up the situation, things might look different by then, but if she thinks your only going back for a period of time, it might not have the desired effect, after 3 or 4 months, you will both know better how the land lies, and take it from there, got to be worth the rent, before you move some stranger into your house, as a landlord, I would say its not worth the risk of renting out, just my twopenneth Lol !
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:21 am

Yes I have done home exchanges for long holidays, use a reputable company and don´t try and do it yourself as they have all the wrinkles ironed out and both parties sign an agreement, when we arrived back the people who stayed in our house had found a family photo and had it framed in a lovely frame along with a thank you card! One benefit is some swoppers will look after animals, cats in particular......we only had an ordinary 3 bed semi nothing special, but good location

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:39 am

Never fancied house exchanges...my house is my castle, and I don't like the thought of some total stranger living in my space...

Every one ..well nearly everyone...gets homesick at some point...but it passes, I always look forward to visiting UK, then quickly get bored and want to be back..

All I really miss is antique centres, charity shops, and good carboots.... :oops:

Regards,
Gordon..

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:59 am

I haven't been back to the UK since June 2008. I never think about it really. I suppose if I had lots of time on my hands and was unhappy I might start to think about the UK and forget all the things that made me leave in the first place. However, I'm too busy doing what I'm doing and loving it. :lol: