Is the coalition committing treason?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: Is the coalition committing treason?

Postby julian » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:31 pm

"not knowing what the future holds the UK needs an independant, strong and diversified military"

if you don´t know what the future holds then you don´t know that the UK needs an independant, strong and diversified military.

if the future turns out to be love and peace then we hardly need "an independant, strong and diversified military"..unless they are going to be in charge of handing out the wacky backy,(which hopefully will be allowed to be consumed in public places !!!!

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Terry the Invincible class is being done away with purely because although it's been a great ship is now past its sell by, according to the admiralty. There will be a 6 year gap whilst the new Prince of Wales class replacement fills the void, not a lot really and the funds saved by this axing will hopefully ensure the POWs do enter service..one was recently under threat but I think it's back on again now.

The "French in control of our Navy" is as another poster alluded to a complete myth............if anything did kick off the Navy still has vessels capable of carrying aircraft, and on the same same theme if it did kick off and we needed a true carrier I'm sure the Nimitz or George Washington vessels would be offered to help out before the Frenchies made a decision anyway.

Nope everything is indeed smaller but firepower keeps climbing to enable the peace to be kept intact.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:50 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:if anything did kick off the Navy still has vessels capable of carrying aircraft, and on the same same theme if it did kick off and we needed a true carrier I'm sure the Nimitz or George Washington vessels would be offered to help out before the Frenchies made a decision anyway.
Don't bet on that DA, Obama doesn't go much on us. :D
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danie ... r-britain/
Devils Advocate wrote:Nope everything is indeed smaller but firepower keeps climbing to enable the peace to be kept intact.
I remember when I first joined up, some old boy joked with me that when he joined, they didn't have service numbers, "we all knew each other!" Just about full circle now, it'll be back to that soon. :lolno:
After watching the dross and unwashed protesting recently, p____ing on the Cenotaph, defacing statues etc I listened on Radio 5 to Victoria Derbyshire interviewing a 91 year old Wing Commander. He joined up when he was 18, at 19 he was flying combat missions several times a day, totalling 140 odd missions and shooting down 13 German planes. In those days a pilots life expectancy was measured in hours, but they went about their duty, they just got on with it. And such a modest man as well. The interviewer said about them defeating the German Air Force, and he said, "We never defeated them, we just got the better of them on the day. Over Malta, they wiped the floor with us." What a difference in a generation or two.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/victoriad
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:47 pm

TerryC wrote: All the immigrants who bye pass other EU countries to get to the UK must think it is worth while coming here, so there must be something about the place.
There may be something in that, Which would also mean that Spain has something and can't be such a bad place as its immigration figures are higher than ours.
TerryC wrote: Somebody above hinted about the ownership of Britain. 48% of the UK's infrastucture, ports, airports, utilities are now foreign owned. Must be something attractive about the UK to have all this foreign investment. (Could be because they can raise the prices here and hold the prices in their own country, stitching up the poor old Brits again).
And British companies do well around the world ..It may be more likely that we live in a global economy
TerryC wrote:Who would invade, a difficult question who knows, a united Germany in financial trouble, oh sounds like 1938 doesn't it.
:lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: Are you sure????? You couldn't make it up. I can't of one similarity from 1938 to now...Maybe one, the Germans still speak German

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:53 pm

markwilding wrote:
TerryC wrote: All the immigrants who bye pass other EU countries to get to the UK must think it is worth while coming here, so there must be something about the place.
There may be something in that, Which would also mean that Spain has something and can't be such a bad place as its immigration figures are higher than ours.
Are you talking about legal or illegal immigration? Spain has had loads of "legal" Eastern Europeans, South Americans, you can't do much about them. And being the nearest port of call to Africa, it's always going to be a target for illegals. I think the one's Terry is on about are the illegals, the Afghanis, the Turks etc, that have no legal right in UK, but are camped in France after passing through most of Europe, and try nightly to enter UK. When Spain had an amnesty for 700,000 illegal immigrants, the rest of Europe (especially France and Germany that are opposed to amnesties) were very concerned that once they had EU citizenship they would not stay in Spain, they'd be heading north. I think Spain has had six amnesties in the last 20-30 years, so has become a soft target for illegals, it has had the effect of attracting immigrants.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:02 am

The population of Spain has risen from around 38,000,000 to 46,000.000 in 15 years or so.This would indicate that many stay.
For whatever reason The UK isn't the only popular destination for immigration.
Whenever we talk about immigration and figures are banded about Legal immigration accounts for much of it.
One very important group often included in Immigration figues,which can't count as people trying to milk the system, are returning British citzens who have decided to go back.Then there's the people from the EU who have to right to live and work there,the same as we have the right to live and work in other EU countries and many UK people take up this right.

j4mes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby j4mes » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:44 am

Not a subject I am particularly knowledgable of, but I do believe that within the next decade it won't be about big ships with missle loaded jets....It'll be about teenage "geniuses" on laptops with the ability to control anything from anywhere!!

TerryC
Resident

Postby TerryC » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:25 pm

I've just had a thought????

If Germany had succeeded with European domination during World War 2, including taking over the UK, would they now after 70 odd years consider changing the name from the 3rd Reich or the German Empire to something new in a conciliartory mood, say The European Union??????????

Have a great day - TerryC