Dogs in Restaurants

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
frank
Andalucia Guru

Re: Dogs in Restaurants

Postby frank » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:21 pm

scampicat wrote:I also cannot stand to have dogs in restaurants.
The law banning them (as well as smoking) in restaurants can't come quick enough for me!
Ditto, or have all dog restaurants where they can all gather and lick their bits in peace, and we can avoid the places.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:22 pm

scampicat wrote:I also cannot stand to have dogs in restaurants. I wonder what all the dog-lovers would say if I brought my pet tortoise in and let it roam around, or let my parrot fly around, or stuck my goldfish bowl on the table? At least the tortoise and fish won't smell, have ticks or fleas or want to lick my face (the parrot might though!) :)

The law banning them (as well as smoking) in restaurants can't come quick enough for me!
Oie! :crazy:
My dogs don't smell as much as some people I've had the misfortune to sit beside and they are completely free of ticks and fleas. I don't think they would like to lick your face, they have very sensitive feelings, more likely want to nip your ankles. :thumbup:
One other thing:
Would all you non-smokers please sit inside bars & restaurants, its becoming almost impossible for us smokers to find a vacant table in the terraces now that they are so busy.
Ann

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:24 pm

After keeping a note on this for the last few days. I've noticed that dogs aren't allowed in bars near here.I've even seen people being told that their dogs need to be left outside.

scampicat
Resident

Postby scampicat » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:33 pm

frank wrote:
scampicat wrote:I also cannot stand to have dogs in restaurants.
Ditto, or have all dog restaurants where they can all gather and lick their bits in peace, and we can avoid the places.

I hope you are referring to the dogs......

I honestly think that I should be able to sit in a restaurant to eat my food without animals in there as well. If I wanted that I would eat in a pet shop or zoo.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:19 pm

annfoto wrote:
My dogs don't smell as much as some people I've had the misfortune to sit beside and they are completely free of ticks and fleas.
Years ago my job took me into people's houses every day, and as soon as you enter you can smell immediately if there is a dog in the house. You might not smell it, you are used to it, but believe me, if there is a dog there, it smells.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:14 pm

frank wrote: You might not smell it, you are used to it, but believe me, it smells.
Same applies to smokers.......
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

scampicat
Resident

Postby scampicat » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:59 am

Yes, the same does apply to smokers but that HAS been banned in restaurants.

I had some friends round today to watch the Royal Wedding. One of them smokes. She didn't even smoke inside, she sat on the balcony, but even after she had gone the room stunk because she stunk.

It's horrible to say because she is a nice lady, but she just reeked of smoke and the smell stayed on her and then went into my furniture. I have had to wash the cushion covers in the room we were in. :thumbdown:

Most houses with dogs in smell too.

Why is it necessary to bring your dog into the restaurant? I genuinely would like to know. We were looking after one for a friend and we sat outside with him.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:42 am

peteroldracer wrote:
gus-lopez wrote: at for every dog that's not fit to be in a house there are at least 10,000 people that fit the same category.
At least I have never seen (yet!) a person in a restaurant sit on the floor and lick his 'arris and knackers!
Cleanliness is next to Godliness! :lol:
I knew a couple who treated their dogs as family . Nothing was purchased that the dogs didn't like & meals at the dining table included one dog at each side on a chair with their food on a plate on the table!!!! :crazy:
Todos somos Lorca.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:58 am

Dogs are allowed on the terraces of restaurants at the owners discretion, they are not allowed inside restaurants per se

I have dogs who are very clean but even I notice when we come back in that the house smells of dog as we have 5! But it is only natural dog smell not dog BO etc or smokers smell.....I am sure to the dogs their home smells of human!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:28 am

Houses have their own individual smell some pleasant others not so. We have French friends and on entering their house there is always a garlic smell which I hate. Many spanish houses smell damp and fusty. Equally I find a lot of airfresheners repulsive although I do keep a plug in one in the den where we keep the dogs when we go out. I used to like my Grandad's smoky smell.

Bowler
Resident

Postby Bowler » Tue May 03, 2011 3:06 am

The most disgusting thing about smokers is not that they stink but that they know they stink and are beyond socially acceptable but that they actually don't care !
Whilst I realise that these pitiful creatures need their fix ( because they have no personal integrity or sense of personal worth), I will always go out of my way to ridicule them whenever, filthy disgusting habit and no matter what anyone tries to tell me it's clear that smokers are weak people !!

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Tue May 03, 2011 9:31 am

I would hardly describe the following as weak, lacking in integrity and a sense of personal worth -

Winston Churchill, Barack Obama, Einstein, Neil Armstrong, John F.Kennedy, Che Guevara, Road Amundsen, Joanna Lumley, Fidel Castro - to name but a few.

boblocksmith
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby boblocksmith » Wed May 04, 2011 10:39 pm

Bowler wrote:The most disgusting thing about smokers is not that they stink but that they know they stink and are beyond socially acceptable but that they actually don't care !
Whilst I realise that these pitiful creatures need their fix ( because they have no personal integrity or sense of personal worth), I will always go out of my way to ridicule them whenever, filthy disgusting habit and no matter what anyone tries to tell me it's clear that smokers are weak people !!
In a previous post you say : " if you don't smoke then go to a smoking free pub, why foist your principles on other people ?" C'mon Bowler your vitriolic, self opinionated spouting contradicts your own advice to not foist your principles on other people. Live and let live I say. :eh:
Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

DavidSearl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DavidSearl » Wed May 11, 2011 12:19 pm

FROM DAVID SEARL

FOR KATHY, JOOL AND OTHERS,

Did anyone read Jool's post, citing the relevant section of the Andalusian law on pets in restaurants? It says there is no blanket prohibition, but the operators of each establishment may decide to prohibit the entry of pets. They should post a sign to that effect outside. Thank you, Jool, for doing my job.

DAVID SEARL
You and the Law in Spain