Tarjeta Sanitaria Question

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fincalospinos
Resident

Tarjeta Sanitaria Question

Postby fincalospinos » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:08 am

For the last 10 years I have been paying Autonomo as a self employed person, which gives both me and my wife cover in the Spanish Health System.

My wife has now become a pensioner and we received the S1 forms from the UK to register for the health service in Spain as Pensioners.

This morning I took the S1 forms to the INSS in Velez, and they processed my wifes form but would not process mine as I was paying Autonomo. They said that I would need to stop paying my Autonomo before I could register the S1.

My question is, is there a time limit between stopping payment of Autonomo and being denied access to the Health service, and has anyone else experienced this situation ?
Hardworking resident !!

ian.wilson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Tarjeta Sanitaria Question

Postby ian.wilson » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:59 am

From my experieince it´s normally about 2 years before any action is taken on your tarjeta sanataria ie. stopping your card from working so you have to go into a main ambulotorio and see the staff before you can see a doctor in person. They can then activate the card anyway (even with non-payment of social - European Citizen stuff - You should never ever be refused access to a doctor) but as sin assistencia (meaning they will only see you in say Andalucia if that is where you live). I have lived here all of my life and don´t know anyone from a european country that has been refused treatment.
Oh Yes! another day in paradise!