wedding planner fraud

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
nenaghboy
Tourist

wedding planner fraud

Postby nenaghboy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:53 am

Thank you for your assistance- the full story is I have a distressing story concerning a problem with a wedding planning service in Andalucia in Spain. Almost three years ago after Spain legalised gay marriage my partner Nicholas and I decided to get married in Seville. We found a gay planner in Nerja, Alan MccLean?, a British citizen operating under the website Gay Weddings Nerja who was to organise the whole affair. The plan was to have a family celebration in Seville and a few months later go through the legal formalities in the Registry office in Madrid. Mcclean organised the celebration in September 2008 successfully but in JANUARY 2009 we discovered the website disappeared and he had left the area therefore not completing his contractual obligations.

I discovered from the Andalucia Forum that other peope had been defrauded too, specifically an English couple with whom I was in contact by email. We were unable to trace Mcclean but just recently the English couple contacted us to advise that Mcclean was back in business under a different name and numerous websites etc- I have all the websites and original documentations etc.

I filed a complaint through Interpol in March but no action has been taken andI am not sure how we proceed to recover our money from Mcclean. Costs would be an issue as we are both on limited incomes due to disability.

You may see his details and websites etc on his Facebook page Malcolm McLean (Revd Malcolm McLean)

He actually has the audacity to use our commitment ceremony photo without authorization in celebrantspain.webs.com- we are the couple in the pink waistcoats under the "same sex couples"tab. These are his other websiteshttp://www.alicantecelebrant.we ... t.webs.com

We have tried the police, embassies, consumer organisations, etc. to no avail- Mcclean appears to be untouchable, it appears that "By law the seller must give basic information on their website so that you can contact them in case of problems. This includes the name of the company, its registration number, physical location (not simply a P.O. box), email address and phone number. I cannot locate any of this to even file a Eurpopean Small Claims action.

Thank you

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: wedding planner fraud

Postby Mowser » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:19 am

Link doesn't work for me. Googling GayweddingsNerja shows "The domain gayweddingsnerja.com may be for sale. Click here for details. "
Dave

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Correct. The Link doesn't work.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Mowser wrote:Link doesn't work for me. Googling GayweddingsNerja shows "The domain gayweddingsnerja.com may be for sale. Click here for details. "
When you getting married then Mowser :D :D
Hardworking resident !!

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:35 pm

copy the link to a processor, edit it down to something your browser can handle. Hardly worth doing.
Last edited by Lyric on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:41 pm

Would this be the same person?

Taken from http://nigelandalan.internetmosaic.com/

Alan McLean

City: VILLAJOYOSA
State: Alicante
Postal Code: 03570
Phone: 0034 634305871

Its on an open web page so presumably ok to post here