Private leasing in Spain ?

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Drfernandez18
Tourist

Private leasing in Spain ?

Postby Drfernandez18 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi,

Can anybody please tell me if you can privately lease a car in Spain - as a private individual - as opposed to a business or company. Any info would be appreciated as I cannot find the relevant info on the net !

Many thanks. :thumbup:

Dr Fern

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: Private leasing in Spain ?

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Hello DrF.
Welcome to A.Com Forum, I hope that you find it a helpful experience.

With regard to private vehicle leasing, have you tried any of the major car rental companies as I know many do long term leasing for individuals.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Gordon.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Solbank used to do a car leasing scheme, don't know if that is still so or how good it is/was.

Drfernandez18
Tourist

Postby Drfernandez18 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Many thanks for both speedy replies !

Much appreciated - I now have something to go on !

Regards,

Dr Fern :D

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:08 pm

Dr Fern, did you manage to find any info regarding car leasing?
We, too, wish to look into leasing but haven't been able to discover much on the internet.

Ama
Resident

Postby Ama » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:58 pm

Most banks have a car lease dpt, but it is for companies or autónomos, so contact your bank for conditions on the car of your choice. If it's for an individual there is an option called 'renting' (not the same as usual rental cars) this option is usually available from the car firms. Main differences are:
Renting includes all operational costs (maintenance, insurance, tax, ..) on a leasing contract you take care of insurance, maintenance. eg.
This company does car renting and on this page there is some further info on differences between renting and leasing:
http://www.leaseplango.es/gdr-rsd.html

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:21 pm

For over 5 years we have had hire cars from Arrow on a permanent basis. We have for the last 6 months switched to Hispacar as their cars are brand new [via however].

We don't pay "tourist rates" and given maintainance, insurance etc etc it has proved very cost affective....plus we get a brand new car every month...just handed back a top of the range Golf TDi and have a Ford Fusion 'till we change next week.

The deal is even better for us as we can claim IVA and hire cost back.

We tried the bank but found leasing with them to much of a bother and their terms and didn't want to be locked into an agreement.

Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:09 pm

detourer

quick question re hispacar. If the car breaks down are you covered?
Also is the rental rate constant or do they put it up in the summer season?

Thank you.

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:36 pm

"quick question re hispacar. If the car breaks down are you covered?..."

Yes. Phone numbers supplied. Also a few months ago we had a breakdown [not their fault, new car] and they came and collected it with a replacement.

Also is the rental rate constant or do they put it up in the summer season?

For example.......high rate over Xmas holiday......so we just rented at cheap pre-Xmas rate covering the period. We also take advantage of their "special offers" in advance.

I think we averaged around 7e per day last year, before our IVA, Tax etc. claims.

Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Slightly off topic but I have just rented a small car for 12 weeks , no excess insurance and free additional driver for £295 total. I'm having trouble believing it but the dates are 4th Feb to 28th April and I used rentalcars.com who used to be carhire3000.

If we can rent this cheaply why would we want to buy?
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

johnkerr

Postby johnkerr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:47 am

Just going to hijack this thread a little for my own question. I hope that's ok, is there an equivalent to this novated lease in Spain?

It's essentially a pre-tax lease deduction. I know it goes by a few different names in different countries, no ideas how to find it in Spain.

:wtf: