Housetrapped in the Sun?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Housetrapped in the Sun?

Postby hillybilly » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:52 pm

Anyone else see this programme this evening? I thought it made for another dose of interesting viewing on the perennial topics.
However I particularly relished the bit about the lady with the house in Almeria she couldn't sell. Firstly, it was decorated to look like an Indian restaurant (actually firstly it was overpriced) and secondly she had the most useless pair of estate agents ever who were trying to "sell" houses in Spain. They seemingly had not a clue about how to market property (when asked how they went about marketing they said something vague about having a website!) and had generated not a single viewing for the property in 6 months or more. The programme's presenter had to tell them how they should be doing their job. Superb.

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:05 pm

yes I was watching it as well - love the guy who tells them all what to do! such a nice change from good old Amanda :lol:

Its getting to be a all too familiar story with all this "live the dream:" stories going wrong. what happened to the family you knew who built in a flood plain?

Good evening on TV tonight - did you see BBC with bob Dylan and the O)ld grey whistle test of people singing his songs - who knew he wrote all those good tunes!

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:13 pm

samizdat wrote:what happened to the family you knew who built in a flood plain?
Last seen stocking up with waders, snorkels, sandbags....

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:17 pm

Last seen stocking up with waders, snorkels, sandbags.
no snail farm then :lol:

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:39 pm

I saw those two wallies driving through arroyo on Monday!!

jpinks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jpinks » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:16 am

Those two wallies came an dlooked at my finca and claimed they wanted to swap it with a fishery in Wales - I should coco !! :)
Slainte,
JohnP.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:29 am

Are they still driving that red VW van. We saw them in Rincon last year. Watch out theres a bullXXXXX about.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:32 am

Watch out theres a bullXXXXX about.
I saw him too costa, the billxxxxxx I mean, not the wally. I should coco :wink:

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:36 am

There is an even bigger pair of wallys on in the UK at present in a programme called 'A home in Slovakia', Spain got off quite light with Lee the snail farmer.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:19 am

Re: A Place in Slovakia. Where do they get them from?

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:29 am

The snail farmer is the living image of my cousin, we wondered if my uncle had ever been to Wales. We got some queer old looks from some of the local Brits last year when the cousin came to visit. As for the pair in Slovakia well I saw that pair once very briefly and decided they had to be from Chigwell, they were too much like ex-clients not to be.

Mhic.

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:40 am

I saw Mr & Mrs Snail, looking to swap a Finca for the FF, I do hope that wasn't you Mr. Pinks as that really would shatter my mental picture of you living "The Good Life" in the sticks. :shock: :shock:

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:42 am

I think costa has it about right Lorraine with his bullxxxx alert.

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:04 am

I don't doubt it was all bullxxxx , Spanish, but why would anyone even want to admit to owning such a piece of Sxxx !!!!!!!!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:09 am

I think it was more the impression of being landed gentry he was after.

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:55 am

here is an even bigger pair of wallys on in the UK at present in a programme called 'A home in Slovakia'
did you see the "chateau" they got for 86,000 Quid!! a fairly amazing building which would have been about 750,000E in Spain
Are they still driving that red VW van. We saw them in Rincon last year

are they still around I thought they bought something up in the hills? or did I get bored before the end of the programme :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:31 am

I think if the snail guy buys anything it will be a run down apartment in Benalmadena. They always seem to gravitate towards the coast. I think they are just dreamers. What about the converted containers they were considering. I have been watching the Slovakia one but missed the first week. I think the "chateau" is ugly.
15 replies thought forum members didn't watch UKTV!
Last edited by katy on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:37 am

Some of us live in the UK. What's your excuse katy :wink:

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:43 am

thought forum members didn't watch UKTV!

well one can get a little bored of regional news - i.e. pictures of latest feria, man catching big fish etc. * chat lines. Plus half dressed singing groups, and this weeks novella - you just need a bit of culture :lol:

Opps - we're not allowed to mention anything without our rosy glasses on are we :roll: Its rare that I get a whole day in with full range of UK channels that I'm excited!

jpinks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jpinks » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:17 pm

What's TV?? :wink: Don't worry Lorraine - my idyllic life in the campo is not under threat, but I have 2 fincas and need to sell one. Mr and Mrs Snail whizzed down here complete with camera crew and then tried to swap with the fishery - no chance! We were on TV in UK though - about a month ago - my sister taped it and told me. And I can assure you that Mr & Mrs Snail are as full of BS in the flesh as they are on-screen :-(
Slainte,
JohnP.