Value of objecting ?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
meseta
Andalucia.com Amigo

Value of objecting ?

Postby meseta » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:31 am

In the Alhaurin de la Torre area, I have just discovered proposals for a vast new infrastructure of roads and the odd new golf course ( a must-have these days ) which would seem to be a complete and total overkill and a desecration of some attractive countryside.
With the level and depth of knowledge demonstrated in this forum, I would like to hear from those who have had experience of objecting to these proposals.
Is it, as I suspect, a complete waste of time ?
or are IBI payers wishes taken into account in any way ?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:19 am

I would think it is a waste of time, there is too much big money involved. You could try contacting Ecologists in Action as they campaign against golf course projects. Even they haven't had much success it seems every small town hall in Andalucia has its own commercial/apartment/golf plan underway. :(

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:24 am

Even over here on Costa Tropical eastern end, at El Pozuelo and La Rabita, all the plastics are going and hotels and golf course going up starting in two years. The offer to the the owners for the greenhouse's are three times the value.

At the moment, we are having the water cut off for 20 hours a day due to shortage, what is going to happen when the Campo de Golf arrives?

On the news from one of the English stations made the comment that a golf course uses up enough water equal to a town of 15,000 residents!!!!