conveyancing lawyer lecrin

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Zorro

conveyancing lawyer lecrin

Postby Zorro » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:43 am

Hello

Am new to this so i hope someone can help

We are looking to buy a property in the Lecrin Valley area and wondered if anyone had a recommendation for a good conveyancing lawyer in the area?

Many thanks

ValL
Resident

Re: conveyancing lawyer lecrin

Postby ValL » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:04 am

Hello and welcome, not in your area but visit further along regularly. You will have found out that a vast amount building in that area is illegal, so be sure of what you are buying. Good luck

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:09 am

One word of caution, rather than a reccomendation when it comes to a lawyer. There is no legal requirement to use the services of a lawyer in Spain.

The Notary is the person that ensures the the property you are purchasing is legally suitable for sale.

The caution I would offer - is that a lawyer (any lawyer) in Spain has no responsibility if anything he advises is wrong. incorrect , or a down right lie.
It will ALWAYS be your responsibility for EVERYTHING irrespective .

Two latin Phrases apply very Strictly here in Spain
Caveat Emptor - Buyer beware
Mia Culpa - My responsibility

Very often, A Gestor can offer a service similar to a lawyar (similar to a conveyancer in the UK) and will be arguably a better bet and considerably much cheaper.

Personaly - I would reccommend that you get a recent publication advising the details of house purchasing in Spain and do the 'searches' myself

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:53 am

One mans view.

It would be interesting to hear what Mr Searle has to say on the subject.
I could think of many dodgy estate agents rubbing their hands with glee at someone agreeing with what they have been telling customers for years.

'You don't need a lawyer to purchase a property in Spain, hold my hand and I will guide you through the process'

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Most lawyers aren't worth a jot - there seems to be no regulating body and they are notorious for promising the earth and delivering nothing. We have friends with so called "legal" houses, built in protected areas, others with a house on an urbanisation that was going to be legalised in 6 months - 7 years ago! Most agents do recommend a lawyer - ususally one they are "in bed" with.

When we sold our house we, and the person who bought, just used a notary and all was fine. But as Martin says Caveat Emptor - in this case the lawyer is the "thing" to be wary of!
I can spell but I can't type

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:39 pm

I would say AND the agent even more so.

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:03 pm

The Notary is the person that ensures the the property you are purchasing is legally suitable for sale.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wouldn't even trust them. The notary at my purchase procedure allowed it to go through even 'though the house wasn't (so it transpired) properly owned by the vendor.

All sorted now 'though, by a very efficient lawyer but, sadly, not one located in the Lecrin valley
nil illegitimum carborundum

Zorro

Postby Zorro » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:23 am

hello again and thanks to everyone who replied. sounds like we will have to tread v v carefully - many thanks for your words of caution...

scampicat
Resident

Postby scampicat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:20 pm

I have pm'd you