Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Which O/S and browser are you using?
Let's go Brandon!

dalmata
Tourist

Postby dalmata » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Not to be outdone (!) I too am attempting to complete my form 210. My question is very simple (I hope) - does the valor catastral stay the same from year to year? I have a copy of the top part of my IBI bill for 2010 which shows the valor catastral but last year I paid by direct debit for the first time and only have a copy of the receipt of payment which has no mention of catastral value on it. If the value doesn't change then I can simply use the same 'base imponible' as on last year's form 210 - or alternatively, is there an easy way to check what your valor catastral is?

Thanks! And thanks for the excellent guidance notes - it's reassuring to know that we can all struggle together on this one!

golfer
Tourist

Postby golfer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:32 pm

hi Beach
Once again thanks for the quick reply.

My OS is Wndows Vista
Browser is Internet Explorer

Regards
Golfer

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Try with Firefox. If that doesn't work you may need to follow these instructions:

AEAT Support

which are specifically for Windows 7 but, I believe, apply to Vista as well.
Let's go Brandon!

golfer
Tourist

Postby golfer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Many thanks Beach

Sorted managed to print off completed documents, fingers crossed the bank will take payment.

Once again many thanks

Golfer

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi dalmata,
I see Beach hasn't answered yet .

valor catastral went up in 2010 and stayed the same for 2011 that's on my IBI Bill for this area.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:38 pm

"last year I paid by direct debit for the first time and only have a copy of the receipt of payment which has no mention of catastral value on it".

If you have Internet Banking, you should be able to view a "Duplicate Copy" of your 2011 IBI payment slip. On that, it will show all the relevant details, including the V. catastral. If not, I would get in touch with the bank and ask for their advice. My V.C for 2011 was also the same value as 2010.

dalmata
Tourist

Postby dalmata » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks Pengwynne! (A very Antarctic name, if I may say so!) - had no idea I was able to do that! Have just printed off the receipt as you suggested and, like others, it seems the catastral value has remained the same since 2010 (Cadiz province).

Now all I need to do is to manage to get the correct fields to show for the location of the property (have followed the advice given but so far no luck - am on Win7 and IE9 - only get boxes for name and type of street and code in this section (there are plenty of postcode and province boxes in the 'representative' section above) - as our house is in the campo we haven't really got an address anyway ..... anyone sorted this - it won't verify the PDF without these fields).

Thanks once again!

dalmata
Tourist

Postby dalmata » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:06 pm

:lol: :lol:

At last - success! Am writing this with the pleasant sound of my printer merrily using 'orange' ink to print out my form!! I used the spanish version of the form and followed all but the last item in the 'configuring internet explorer' list (about certificates; 'edit properties' was greyed out) .... what I didn't realise is that in this version of Internet explorer you press ALT-T to get the Tools menu which is what you need to make most of the necessary changes .... I had just been using the little 'cog' symbol on the top right next to favourites to get the 'internet options' menu ... just thought I'd mention this if there are others still struggling! ..... doing all these changes and closing everything down and reopening a few times finally made all the fields in the 'location of property' section appear.

As has already been commented, there is no clear view of what fields are mandatory and which are not, but you defnitely have to fill in ALL the boxes for your home address - what a shame they refuse to use this as somewhere to send the bills to!

Decided to not push things too far and pay electronically as I have just imported my old digital certificate from my previous computer that was running XP and IE8 and thought the chances of it working on this machine were probably nil - am I right to be sceptical?!

AAAAAAAGGGGGGG!!!!!!! Think I had a bit of a 'Teresa May' moment back there (ie gloated too soon and now regretting it!) and have just tried to fill in the form for my husband's tax return and guess what, the whole section for the location of the property has disappeared without trace and I cannot get it to reappear again - even tried turning the whole computer off, deleting history, doing all the setting compatibility view stuff again etc etc. and still NADA. Very frustrating! Any ideas anyone?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Try importing your declaration by using the option 'Optativo: Importar datos de fichero' and change the details for your husband. Your old digital certificate should work provided that it has not expired.
Let's go Brandon!

dalmata
Tourist

Postby dalmata » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:16 pm

Thanks Beachcomber! I'd actually just done that for a second time and was printing the second form when I read your reply! The first time I tried that method (with all the fields cleared) there was no section at all for the location of the property so I assumed the form wasn't working BUT it seems that as soon as you enter 02 into the 'type of income' box, this extra section magically appears further down the page (which you can't see yet as it's off the screen). Unless you mess around with the compatibity view and all that stuff you just seem to get a 'location' section with all the important fields missing.....

Anyway, a frustrating day but at least the forms are finally done. I wonder if I can request that a proportion of my tax goes on a slow and painful torture for the web designer who produced this form?!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Yes, maybe the person who designed the registration form for the Endesa web site could join him!
Let's go Brandon!

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:32 am

And today's the last day for paying 1T form 210.

Then you have to wait for the surcharge letter. Which instead of posting it to the UK address now demanded on new form 210, they send it to your Spanish address.

As the letter is sent "signed delivery" it then goes to the post office and back to sender playing postal ping pong, until that happy time when you and the letter happen to be in Spain at the same time (once a year?).

Pathetic, incompetent, bizarre. Or all three :yawn:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:06 am

You can overcome this problem by registering for notifications by email and/or text with an electronic signature.
Let's go Brandon!

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:22 pm

But why not write or email when that information is requested. Even if it's to say "pop in next time you're over we need to discuss matters concerning your return".

The electronic signature route is also full of fun, games, queues, different offices, making sure nothing changes in your PC etc etc :crazy:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Actually the digital signature route is not as difficult or restrictive as people think. You only have to go to one office (it took me about five minutes) to confirm your identity and you only have to make sure nothing changes with your computer or browser during the time that you originally obtain your code and the time you download the digital signature.

It is a myth that it will only work on the computer into which it is downloaded. You can save it to a file and import it into any browser on any computer. I even went through the whole procedure on my PC for someone else and once I had the signatures I saved them to a pen drive and installed them on their own computer. I could even have sent them as an attachment by email but was concerned about the security risk.
Let's go Brandon!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Yes, I'll second what Beachcomber has said - I was dreading it, but apart from finding an office that was actually authorised to do the identification :roll: , it was very easy, and I now have it on my UK pc, Spanish laptop, spare memory stick & extenal harddrive (belt, braces, and a piece of string principle !)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:08 am

OK, apologies on that score.

I'm in Frigiliana and I'm out again next week and i'll try the signature route. The last time I looked (admittedly a couple of years ago) it was unclear which was the nearest office for identity validation, so even step one was not straightforward.

I'll keep you'll up to date with my slow emergence into electronic taxation in Spain

Bozena&Colin

Postby Bozena&Colin » Fri May 04, 2012 11:23 pm

You are an absolute angel, Beachcomber.....
It took us about 2 days to fill out the new 210....could not have done it without you and your information in the various postings. We were getting all the same problems and errors as others, and it was good to know that.

Couldn't get the our Computer (Windows 7) to run the Configuration - as still need to find how to run it in as Administrator - but the laptop (Vista) prompted that Admin mode was required, and brought up the relevant box.

Did forget though, that would need to restart the computer, rather than just refresh. But finally did get the correct forms printed out for myself & hubby. Have taken note of what we will need when we go to pay in the bank. MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS !!!!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat May 05, 2012 10:25 am

Great, I'm glad your perseverance prevailed! Welcome to the forum.
Let's go Brandon!