exam panic

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
mijas-lady
Resident

exam panic

Postby mijas-lady » Thu May 31, 2012 1:28 pm

hi advice please daughter is due to do entrance exam for malaga uni in 2 wks and have just found out passport is out of date! so here are the options should i sent passport for renewal via uk-madrid webpage now says 6 weeks-or could she go and try to get an nie number in malaga or keep passport here and hope they accept it on the day :?

aquaman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: exam panic

Postby aquaman » Thu May 31, 2012 9:52 pm

not sure if it's changed but a passport usually takes 10 days, door to door. Don't think you can get an NIE without up to date passport. I should send the passport, keep a copy of old passport and receipt for the certificado postage, not much else you can do really.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:39 am

Yes, I think you can get an nie with an out of date passport but the application has to be accompanied by a complete photocopy of the o-of-d passport .
Todos somos Lorca.

sujee
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sujee » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:06 am

It may be a good idea to get a certified photocopy of the old passport as one of the Town Halls only costs 1€.
Then send it for renewal.

mijas-lady
Resident

Postby mijas-lady » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:17 am

thanks will try this on monday and let you know-fingers crossed-i feel terrible now as she got her results yesterday and passed all 10 well :clap:

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:49 pm

There shouldn't be any problem with an out of date passport as I've been in a couple of times & French & Italians have been applying with o-of d passports.
Todos somos Lorca.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:01 am

There's a British Consulate in Málaga and they do emergency replacements. Cost's a bomb, though. I know from experience.

mijas-lady
Resident

Postby mijas-lady » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Well heres what happened-rang police in malaga and yes just bring old passport in so headed in early tues to be told forms must be stamped at british consulate. so went there to be told they will not stamp anything! We explained it was for ID for an exam only reply was you may book a flight to uk and we will issue an emergency passport to cover the exam dates.We come home book a flight go back next day and get said passport-124€ :eh: .Two days later goes for exams and nobody asks for bloody ID .So then we head back to police to get NIE with this passport and guess what not acceptable as must be 10 yr only-daughter at this point lost the plot with the girl as she said how can you be at school here as its your ID daughter why does it have a photo? reply "no" your passport is your ID :crazy: daughter says then what the hell is the use if an NIE to me-all the time they are getting louder with each other in spanish can you picture the scene!!!!we leave with daughter still ranting in spanish all the way to the car

not over yet
next day goes to school to get a form which they have completed to pay at bank so as to receive end of school certificate 50€(takes about 2 yrs to get!!!) go to our usual bank to pay sorry need NIE number
Before anyone says I thought only required NIE when you left school and never any problems before but talk about chasing your tail.

please keep all fingers crossed for midnight tonight when she will go online to get results-hope they dont ask for NIE :wtf:

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Hope it goes well for her. :thumbup: