Hotel Name

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Hotel Name

Postby MaggieMay » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:34 pm

Does anyone know the name of the Hotel that is on the road to Benahavis bottom end, I don´t think it´s been built for very long maybe 1 or 2 years.
I wear it well...........

Alan
Tourist

Postby Alan » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:03 am

That would be the Alabardero methinks?

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:11 pm

Maybe? All I know is it isn´t very old and is at the bottom of the road to Benahavis. I need to call them but without a name I am struggling, I´ll try that thank you.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:32 pm

Is it something like Amenahavis??

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:06 pm

Is it something like Amenahavis?
isnt that the nice one in the center

I think the new one is the "gran hotel benahavis"

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:42 pm

it looks a lot nicer in your pictures than when you drive past it :P

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:46 pm

I know the Amanahavis thats definitely in the village. And I thought the Gran Hotel was in the village. This is agood way from the village I believe, and this is going to sound stupid but I could swear the person said something like Caledonian which sounds more like it should be in Glasgow.
I think I´m going to have to drive up to find out. :?
Thanks for all the suggestions.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:07 am

sherlock holmes wrote:
Is it something like Amenahavis?
I think the new one is the "gran hotel benahavis"
That's definitely fairly new, but that is through the village (although you can drive around the main bit now) and down by the river. Watched it being built for many years, helped ruin the village for me!
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:01 am

Watched it being built for many years, helped ruin the village for me!
I think it was the various "hill clubs" apeing La Zagelta which did it for me! - Went around one last year where the agent proudly informed us that no need to worry about the building license as Benahavis is in a different district from Marbella so not subject to their housing plan. And this major was much more amenable to developing/"ruining" the area............... oh NO!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Alan
Tourist

Postby Alan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:22 am

I think I may have solved your problem Maggie. There is a Caledonia Golf Aparthotel at the back of the Bel Air urbanisation, which is part of Estepona. However at some point when you are leaving Bel Air and moving into the El Paraiso Alto urbanisation you cross into the municipality of Benahavis, even though it's nowhere near the village.

The access to it is from the N340 at Km 166 going westbound, turn off at the Mercadona supermarket, or the Bel Air Club / Sauna knocking shop, whichever way we tend to remember that particular exit :wink:

Go right to the top of Bel Air, about a kilometre or so and it's the huge red walled developement whose patrons have taken up all the parking spaces around there.

I was way off the mark with my original guess because I didn't read your original posting correctly, thinking it was on the Ronda road. Can't find a tel number for you, but it looks like it's worth going there for a look around and a drink to see the Spa etc. While you are there, have a drive round near the Los Flamingos golf course and the posh hotel, as it's amazing how that part of the world is changing so quickly.

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:53 pm

Cheers Alan that sounds as though it must be it. Probably not too clear in my original posting as I´d no idea where this place is and could not remember seeing it. I should be able to find it now 8)