stocking up on food

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: stocking up on food

Postby Enrique » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:41 am

"a port used by uk ferries".............Brittany-Ferries is French :thumbup:

"no access to uk products".............not many British people live in Northern Spain. :(
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:50 am

Mark, the shop that Peter refers to is very good value for money and you will find a whole range of things there, mostly under a euro. The UK tea is also usually on offer. Each week they seem to have about 6 products lined up outside the shop also on special offer ie cans of heinz beans, etc., buy 4 at lower price so I think this may be more what you are looking for.
They also have an excellent selection and cheap, of indian and oriental spices which are not so easy to find in bulk. You will be able to find all your sauces, pickles, tinned, gravy powders, dried goods plus they have some cleaning , pet supplies, small amount of stationery. It is not a huge shop but stocked to the rafters like many eurasian shops, really helpful staff, as Peter said.

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

I think the answer is there,the little shop in the Miramar,a short walk away is Dunnes and just a block along is Iceland.
Sorted.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:47 am

Thanks guys
I'm staying in Nueva Andalucia and I popped into Iceland near here
yesterday. I bought some bits in there. There was also an good offer on Cadbury's chocolate so I bought quite a lot,which should last a while.

I think the shop Peter mentioned is the one was the one I read about on here some time back so I'll be popping in there too.

I was in England earlier in the week but the tough controls on liquids in hand lugagge and weight in hold luggage make it really difficult to buy things there especially when my wife buys half of London and uses up all the allowances

campocaro1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby campocaro1 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Make sure you put the chocolate in a cool bag otherwise you'll have ...hot chocolate-drinking chocolate (as the old ad used to go)

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:11 pm

I've got the cool bags.
:thumbup: It might not be a problem though,as I'm a bit of a chocoholic and it will likely all get eaten before the end of the week :? :lol: