Mobile top up from UK

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Pentaqua

Mobile top up from UK

Postby Pentaqua » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:34 am

Is it possible to top up an Amena network mobile whilst still in the UK? If so, how does one do it?

accommodation-in-spain
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby accommodation-in-spain » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:45 am

You may be able to do it via their internet site like with a Spanish Vodafone sim

Worth a try.

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:18 am

can you just buy a card in UK supermarket and type in the number??

or does it have to be from Movistar (my provider)

lolly
Tourist

top up via internet and phone

Postby lolly » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:13 am

you can do this in the uk or spain via the web through www.telefonicainenglish.com or by phone, they were quite quick as well,

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:26 pm

I have done it through my bank online..........obviously depends on if you bank in Spain & who with. It was instant though.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:09 pm

sherlock holmes wrote:can you just buy a card in UK supermarket and type in the number??

think about that for a minute...

can you buy spanish fone top up cards in the supermarket in the uk ?? erm...

no. you cant. you can top up online with some networks i believe.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:14 pm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:09 pm Post subject:
sherlock holmes wrote:

eerr...... i 'm not suggesting you can buy SPANISH cards in the UK, I was asking if you buy from a preferred network in the UK will that work.

however someone has posted the correct solution from the telephonica website. thank you lolly.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:31 pm

sherlock holmes wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:09 pm Post subject:
sherlock holmes wrote:

eerr...... i 'm not suggesting you can buy SPANISH cards in the UK, I was asking if you buy from a preferred network in the UK will that work.

however someone has posted the correct solution from the telephonica website. thank you lolly.

so why would a 02 or Orange top up work in an amena or movistar phone ? :roll:

and no, that is not "the correct solution", and no, that is not the "teleFonica" website either. they are not even connected to telefonica. they are a group of "translators" who will do things for you and charge comission. why not just call and ask a friend to do it ?

in fact, why bother ? using a spanish mobile in the uk would cost you a fortune? have a uk sim for the uk, and a spanish sim for spain ?

accommodation-in-spain
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby accommodation-in-spain » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:53 pm

Sherlock Holmes may already have both sims but is not confident enough to go in and ask for a top up in Spain in Spanish - the site mentioned only charges 50 cents to take the hassle out of topping up from the UK.

Sherlock Holmes, I would personally just wait and go into your local Movistar shop (in Spain before Spanish-Lad says there won't be any in the UK) and top-up from there. I am sure someone on this forum can help with the Spanish to do this.

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:13 pm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:53 pm Post subject:
Sherlock Holmes may already have both sims but is not confident enough to go in and ask for a top up in Spain in Spanish - the site mentioned only charges 50 cents to take the hassle out of topping up from the UK.

Sherlock Holmes, I would personally just wait and go into your local Movistar shop (in Spain before Spanish-Lad says there won't be any in the UK) and top-up from there. I am sure someone on this forum can help with the Spanish to do this.
well actually both of these are wrong, I'm quite capable of topping up my phone in spain, (in Spanish as well :lol: ) but as I am on an unexpectedly long business trip in Uk and people are ringing me from Spain all the time, so the phone is rapidly running out of money, and as its business related I cant really expect them to phone me on a UK number.

Therefore I wanted to top in up in UK before going back to Spain. and yes if you have a Vodafone.es phone you CAN top it up in the UK. Movistar seems to be with Tmobile and 02. judging by the SMS's I keep receiving?

The telefonica site either the "real" one or english "pretend" one will probably work ...... hopefully.

I dont really want to ask a friend to buy 50E of credit - its a bit of a liberty!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:09 am

accommodation-in-spain wrote:Sherlock Holmes may already have both sims but is not confident enough to go in and ask for a top up in Spain in Spanish - the site mentioned only charges 50 cents to take the hassle out of topping up from the UK.

if i knew you, i´d do it... afterall, whats 50 euros? its not even half of a days wages :)

it will run out, why dont you "divert" your mobile, and turn it off ? divert it so that it switches directly to your english mobile when someone calls you.

doing it "online" would probably be the easiest idea for you, as you are in the uk and dont want to take libertys.

Pentaqua

Mobile phone top up

Postby Pentaqua » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:16 am

Have surfed and have found that I can top up on-line with Amena - so I guess other networks can offer the same service.