Flight Malaga to Leeds Sunday 21 Oct 2012

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
LizFox
Tourist

Flight Malaga to Leeds Sunday 21 Oct 2012

Postby LizFox » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:52 am

We have a ticket for this Ryanair flight and can't use it now. Think it costs 40 quid for a name change. Anyone interested?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Flight Malaga to Leeds Sunday 21 Oct 2012

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 am

You must live in a different world to the rest of us: Their terms state
"Flight Change fees are charged per one way flight/per person. Prices vary and prices are seasonal - please see our Table of Fees for details . In addition to these flight change fees, any price difference between the original fare paid and the lowest total price available at the time of the flight change is charged. Please note that if the fare on the new flight is lower, no refund will be made.

A passenger name can be changed online at the rate of £110/€110 or via the airport or reservation centre at the rate of £160/€160. Name changes can be made up to 4 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time either online (unless you have already checked in online*)or via a reservation centre (subject to opening hours). Any name change made to a flight reservation must be for that individual passenger's complete flight itinerary.

Throw it in the bin - unless you can see someone passing by with "Mug" stamped on their forehead!

Irish Mick just loves his passengers and bends over backwards to serve them - sorry, that should read 'bends them over and shafts them'.

P.S. just checked - that flight currently costs 150.31€ without baggage, priority boarding or any other extras - plus the 110€ fee...
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Yes, often seen people trying to sell on tickets on these forums, and it's a financial no no. Mick has your money, put it down to experience, write it off.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Yet again I have been given a slapped wrist because I have made a pejorative comment.
The comment came out because yet again I got a bit testy about someone being just plain slack - they had something to dispose of, but plucked a figure as to what it might cost to transfer from thin air or imagination, when it took me a few seconds to check the facts on the airline website. Anyone booking airline tickets with a low-cost carrier must be able to use the internet and that company's website, but rather than check things they just stuck a finger in the air (or listened to bar-room experts), which could have led anyone interested in the ticket to suddenly find they had to pay ridiculous sums for a "bargain".
I really must stop trying to be helpful. :roll:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:29 pm

With the greatest of respect, what you appear to regard as being helpful seems more like a total lack of tolerance towards others. Sorry but that's how I read so many of your posts! :shock:

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Peter, I think it depends on the personality of the person reading the post, I never find your posts offensive, in fact I like your no nonsense approach, but that is because I also call a spade a spade and like to know where I stand with people, I find people who beat around the bush, slow and frustratingly unhelpful, so I guess we all have to learn to give and take, and maybe stop complaining about nothing ( well nothing to me ) although having said that, people who worry about someone's else's post, or have the time to send complaints to moderators by private message are maybe to be envied, to have such a boring life means they have nothing else to concern themselves with :thumbup:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:31 pm

You can always rely on peter to put both feet in it.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:04 am

I'm with Peter on this one. From time to time, some posters here - instead of doing a quick google - come here and ask us to more or less google it for them.
Dave

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:52 am

Mowser, so why not ignore them? I don't think there is any Forum Rule that says all posts must be answered and certainly not in the manner that Peter does!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:21 am

Mowser, so why not ignore them?
Because usually I like to help.
Dave

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:00 am

Don't we all but some us try to do so in a polite way without resorting to hectoring language!

I doubt if the OP found the response she got to be in any way helpful. On the contrary I suspect she will think twice about posting and comments (in response to another post) about people being too sensitive rather says it all - arrogance tantamount to cyber bullying! :(

LizFox
Tourist

Postby LizFox » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Ooh, er. Didn't want to cause an argument and wasn't trying to sell anything.

:crazy:

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Don't worry nearly every post on here ends up in an argument.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela