Flies and wasps

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Flies and wasps

Postby olive » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Anyone else noticed a sudden increase in both of these? Recent wet weather? Grapes rotting.?

Anyone got any tips for eliminating large quantities other than spray cans?

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Re: Flies and wasps

Postby Julie » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Get rid of the grape vines Lol ! :silent: Sorry only joking :lolno: :lolno: We had 2 grapevines on our back terrace, after we dug them up we never had any problems with flies or wasps, so I don't know what it must be like for thoses of you who do ave them close to the house :roll: they will be gone again soon :thumbup:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 pm

No vines and no wasps..... but flies? Loads. Keeping the door shut now. We had blamed it on the hens and dogs but our friend has neither and has loads of flies too :thumbdown:

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Loads of flies here too. Weather here absolutely glorious and my dogs like the doors open - so I have a good swatter in each room - the only way. No vines and I clear up after the dogs immediately.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:43 pm

We have a permanent fly problem here. It has been atrocious all year but has got even worse since the flooding. I have chains on both doors overlaid with overlapping strip mosquito net & they still get in. By the time the house is straight once again both the lounge & hallway ceilings will have to be replaced .
Outside is even worse, indescribable really. As the sun drops late afternoon , if either door is open,they attempt to gain warmth/get in & cover the netting on the doors . It is not possible to sit outside except in possibly january/february time , or when it's dark ! :lol:

Wasps I've no problem with as long as they aren't in areas where they are likely to feel the need to defend area/attack me.
Todos somos Lorca.

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:13 pm

As I was reading your posting one of the filthy beggars landed on my screen! Made a shocking mess when I splattered it!

The ground away from the house and in the field is very soft - I wonder if this warm weather on top of the rain has anything to do with it. The alarm service technician was complaining about the flies so must be unusual at this time of year.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.