Yet another holiday!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Footprint
Resident

Re: Yet another holiday!

Postby Footprint » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:37 am

Hi Enrique

Thank you - that is really helpful - already I can see a potential issue in December so forewarned and all that......

Cheers :thumbup:
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:59 am

That's a useful site :thumbup: - I looked for a 2013 version, but didn't find one...?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:27 am

It looks to be a great list for the bigger regional holidays, but be aware that individual villages and towns hold romerias and fiestas at other times - for example on their patron saint's day - which can catch you unawares.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:04 pm

Yes round here they are always celebrating something - it is a wonder anyone makes a living! But at least when only local I can go further afield and that list will be invaluable.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:34 pm

Footprint wrote:Yes round here they are always celebrating something - it is a wonder anyone makes a living! But at least when only local I can go further afield and that list will be invaluable.
That's what I could never get used to..the fact that you couldn't get a copy of the Mail on Sunday until after 10 o'clock in the morning. :thumbdown:
Why,here in London I can get Sunday's papers on Saturday night.! :thumbup:

Written with tongue firmly in cheek :silent:

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Wouldn't have minded had it been a newspaper I was after - I wanted more bits for the electric fencing :problem:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Madrid today was like the City of the Dead. The traffic was almost non-existent on the M40 and beyond. :D

Mariacristina
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariacristina » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Thank you for pointing out my mistake. These lessons are invaluable.