By Car to Morocco

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Trooperman
Resident

By Car to Morocco

Postby Trooperman » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm going to Morocco by car and there are two main reasons why a car is preferable: I'll be going to Marrakesh via Fez (one way) and via Meknes (coming back) and (this is the REAL reason!), Mrs Trooperman wants to fill the car with junk from the souks/medinas.

I'm insured with Ibex (out of Gib) but i find that the green card is only valid for Europe and that a week´s TPFT is 63 Euros extra. The money's OK, but I'm a bit doubtful about TPFT. Does anyone have any info on where I can get Fully Comp. insurance for such a trip? Ibex don't/won't do it.
nil illegitimum carborundum

Footprint
Resident

Re: By Car to Morocco

Postby Footprint » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:34 pm

Good for Mrs Trooperman :lol: - any chance of a couple of tagines?
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

spaniola
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby spaniola » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Cool - have you room for another one?
http://www.andaluciaexplorer.blogspot.com

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:44 pm

:lolno: Don't be daft! :lolno: There'll be no room for any tagines on top of all that ironwork, rugs and sundry light fittings that Mrs. Trooperman will be bargaining for. Having booked the hotel in Fez & then in Marrakesh, I suspect word had already gone out that there's some Brits arriving in a car that'll need filling up with tat. :evil:

As for my original question, I have been unable to find any insurance beyond third party, so I suppose I'll just have to be careful.
nil illegitimum carborundum

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 am

I hope you'll also be fitting the full length roof rack ? :thumbup: You should also practice the loading of it to 1,5m above the vehicle. :lol: Mrs.T will then not be restricted on quantity she is able to purchase & you'll blend in with the locals ! Result all round ! :clap:
Todos somos Lorca.