villas for sale direct from owners

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
jennym
Andalucia.com Amigo

villas for sale direct from owners

Postby jennym » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Does anyone know a website where one can look for villas for sale on the Mijas Costa please? I don't want to go through an estate agency....many thanks in advance for any help!
If a pathalogical liar tell you he is lying, do you believe him?

anis
Resident

Re: villas for sale direct from owners

Postby anis » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:39 am

inspainTV, eyeonspain, allaboutandaluciaproperty.com (part of olive press ) angloinfo and zettagroup might be useful sources for private selling owners direct information for southern area - doubt you will find anything only specific to that particular area you want but you may find something for there in some of these..
Most sites are more generalised than that - it would not be affordable otherwise.
Some of these may be out of date but it may give you a start off point ?
Otherwise try the local free press papers and Costa del sol news.-, sometimes have direct owners selling.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:40 am

At least an estate agency is legally obliged to reject any property without an escritura, building licence etc so it reduces the chances of being offered a non-house - illegal, unregistered etc. - although you still need to find the rare beast of a diligent honest Spanish lawyer or gestor to sort the purchase. As a buyer, at least the agency costs you nothing...
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:16 am

peteroldracer wrote: As a buyer, at least the agency costs you nothing...
Is that correct, if so is it laid down in any decree?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:32 am

Aren't sellers willing to accept a lower price if they don't have to pay an agent commission?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:36 am

barry wrote:
Is that correct, if so is it laid down in any decree?
I know of people who have had to pay commission to the agent - as a buyer!
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:48 am

I also have known people buying, paying estate agents fees but are they 'providing the funds' for the sellers fees or are they legally fees that the buyer should pay?

ian.wilson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ian.wilson » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Some agents actually charge a finders fee for locating speciific property for buyers and people pay.
Oh Yes! another day in paradise!

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Peter, it doesn't always work that way.

If you sell as a private owner, you can afford to drop much of the 5% or more commission an agency would charge and pass that saving on directly to the buyer, thereby offering a more attractive SP in what is now a highly competitive market.
If you drop the SP, that is of course entirely up to the seller, but they would be a bit daft not to take advantage of the ability to do so.
Any buyer with a bit of common sense would surely ask for all documentation up front - enough has been written about it lately.

A one off payment or an annual payment is charged to the seller by the advertising agent and the advert stays there until the property is sold without further charge. The seller is merely paying for a shop window.

jennym
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jennym » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:02 pm

mmm interesting, thank you for your replies everyone. I think I may go through an agent!
If a pathalogical liar tell you he is lying, do you believe him?

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:02 pm

Have a look at the bank repossesions.
Take a look at this link :

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/SpainMo ... perty.aspx
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:53 pm

anis wrote:If you sell as a private owner, you can afford to drop much of the 5% or more commission an agency would charge and pass that saving on directly to the buyer, thereby offering a more attractive SP in what is now a highly competitive market.
how does that work?if the seller drops the sp by 5% and then the buyer pays the fees.. surely the buyer will pay more than that 5% saving?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Acen
Resident

Postby Acen » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:53 am

Good on you!!! I bought direct and would never dream of going through an agency.

There are plenty of honest gestors out there, if you have a doubt go to the next one.

Dont bother with developers or agents, most should be locked up years ago, together with the Mayors.

Any official paperwork is public record and can be obtain from the town hall for less than €2.

How these "professional" can justy their fees i dont know, and unfortunatly alot of the cowboys were british.

There is plenty of cheap properties out there now and plenty of expats wanting to go back to the UK so it will be easy to find something. As a rule you are looking at 50%+ reduction from prices of 2008.

If you see a "se vende" and dont want to knock on the door or call a number then go with the sharks!! but the way spain is at the moment, this country is not for you.

good luck!!