Car Boot Algarrobo

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Marina
Resident

Car Boot Algarrobo

Postby Marina » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Having just had a clear out, I'd like to do a car boot sale. I know there is one at Algarrobo in the Lidl car park. I believe it is the first Saturday of the month. If that isn't right can someone let me know please?

Also, can anyone tell me how to get a pitch? Do we just turn up, and if so, at what time, or do we need to book in advance?

I'm hoping to avoid doing the Nerja one as I absolutely hate the procedure.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: Car Boot Algarrobo

Postby Mowser » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:53 pm

Dave

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Thank you, that's interesting.

I just need to find out how to get a pitch now.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:46 am

If anyone is interested, this is a reply that I've received from my enquiry.I don't understand exactly what is being said at the end. Could someone clarify please? Do you need to turn up at 8.00 to put your name down, then wait till 9.15 to find out?

para vender en el rastro hay que reservar un sitio antes. Para este sábado no tengo nada libre, pero siempre
hay gente que no vienen, aunque tienen un sitio fijo. Para repartir estos puestos apunto a las 8:00 de la mañana
del sábado la gente en orden de llegada para repartir a las 9:15 los puestos vacías.

Although it says to book in advance, this isn't so easy to do.

Todavía no puedo reservar para el 16 de febrero, porque los que tienen un puesto fijo, tienen el derecho
de renovarlo y pueden hacerlo este sábado.

Does anyone know of a car boot within an hour or so of Velez, where you can just turn up and get a pitch? Or one where it is easy to book a pitch? Nerja is a nightmare to get on?

I need a fair sized site with plenty of browsers as I've loads to sell.