Jacks Bar ( Rumours )

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Jacks Bar ( Rumours )

Postby Curiouse » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Just joined and this is my 1st post , never expected i would be recommending somewhere in Albox especially a Bar as i dont drink but i have to say i was so impressed when i Friday when i tried this bar for the first time after reading about it on another forum, the staff were smiling and friendly , only bought a coffee but they made me feel like a regular .

scotty
Resident

Re: Jacks Bar ( Rumours )

Postby scotty » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Any other commercial enterprises you want to plug ? :roll:

Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Curiouse » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:18 pm

scotty wrote:Any other commercial enterprises you want to plug ? :roll:

No Scotty as i find the experiences of one person is not always the same for all so i don't really see any point in making or following recommendations . I mentioned this business not to promote it but only to express how pleased we were to see smiling faces and a genuine pleasant and natural manor , fed up of being served by staff that cant even be bothered to smile , that was not aimed specificity at bars but a lot of businesses . The staff in any business are the shop front , the link between the business and the customer , they can make the difference between a bad experience and a good one even when other things arnt always what you would desire , sorry it looked like a recommendation but miserable unhelpful staff is a sore point with me .

Trigger
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Trigger » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Wow. It must have been one hell of a coffee to make you come on here and tell us about it! :thumbdown:
It just doesn't do it for me, I'm out! :lol:

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Do they serve SPAM by any chance?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Fortunate it's not off topic or it would have been whooshed :mrgreen:

ladymuck
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ladymuck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:08 pm

support for expat businesses is a good thing isnt it ?
why be horrible,

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:42 pm

After looking at the subject, I thought OP was about to say Jack's Bar is about to close.

Hope I haven't started a Rumour! :shock:

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Advertising in the local rag and on radio is clearly not working then?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:50 pm

So you all think you are moderators then?

I am perfectly capable of deciding when posts are spam thank you.

Give the poster the benefit of the doubt until proved to be a spammer and I will be the person who makes that decision.

If you are not happy with a post report it or PM me about it. If you are wrong in this case you are in danger of driving away a new poster to this forum and that is not acceptable.

Sid

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 am

Well said :thumbup:
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Curiouse » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:15 am

It is fair to view my post as being self serving in some way , i am after all a new member and it was my 1st post so i didnt take offence at the assumptions made , i would have considered it myself given the circumstances .
I can assure you it was not Spam or an attempt to publicise a business for any other reason than given . If i have an agenda then it nothing more sinister than a pet hate of businesses that profit from patrons but cant even be bothered to extend the basic courtesy of a smile or a friendly attitude in return .
I made the post because i was having a particularly bad day , had been given the run around in the Town Hall by a woman that seemed to show absolutely no interest in my enquire then by our bank who clearly felt they were doing me a favour by looking after my money and that i should accept charges they make in error without question .
My day was completely turned around when i went into the Bar , the woman there who i hadn't seen for years remembered me from when i used to use the Bar International about 7 years ago , she spoke to me as if it were only last week , clearly a busy time but she showed a genuine interest and enquired about my family and what had happened over the years .
There are other Bars and businesses closer to home i use regularly , my primary reason for using them is the service and attitude towards customers , there are also Bars and Businesses i avoid , the reason , the lack of service and attitude towards customers .

Life can be hard enough at times here and in the UK , doesn't always take a lot to make you feel better about things and put then into perspective .

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:55 am

It is possible that some of us might have been a bit hasty to judge but the original post bore all the hallmarks of spam.
If the OP is genuine it would have been better if the second post was posted first.
If I was quick to judge then I'm sorry,if it was spam I'm not.
I do understand the posters frustration though.
Service in Spain can be dire and I've lost count of the Spanish owned restaurants and bars I've walked out from because of bad service or food.Ditto dealing with officialdom....queueing up to get a ticket to get another ticket is just plain crazy.

El Sidney
Tourist

Postby El Sidney » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:10 am

A personal touch is nice, that is an important point.
Sid