Correos Redirection

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Laslomas
Resident

Correos Redirection

Postby Laslomas » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:35 pm

I have searched the Correos website to see if a request for redirection form is available to print off but cannot find it. I feel quite sure it was there when I looked some time ago. I can find the prices for the service but that's all. Has anyone used this service, and if so how successful was it? Did you have to pick a form up at the post office? I know I would have to go to give the form in and pay, but I really didn't want to have to queue up just to ask for a form, but needs must.

Marina
Resident

Re: Correos Redirection

Postby Marina » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:55 pm

The lady at our local post office told us we need to go to a main post office to arrange redirection. I'll be very interested if anyone has an easier way.

Ama
Resident

Postby Ama » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Here's the form (unless there is a new model at correos): http://www.correos.es/contenido/08-Aten ... POSTAL.pdf

It takes 7 days before post starts being redirected.

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:58 pm

Thanks Ama, I couldn't find that. I just had another look at the website and still can't locate it so think possibly it is an out of date form. But thanks, I will print it off anyway, and be prepared to be told I need to complete another form. Not needed for a few months yet anyway.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:53 pm

For what its worth did you click on the link? I clicked on the link and the form came up with no problem!

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:57 am

masterob wrote:For what its worth did you click on the link? I clicked on the link and the form came up with no problem!
Hi, thanks, yes I did click the link which is why I said I was going to print off the form. What I worried about was that it does not seem to be available when searching the Correos website making me wonder whether it is still in use.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:09 am

There should be a guiri award for bravery - given Correos' poor record on actually delivering a high percentage of post to an address, trusting them to send it somewhere else instead deserves a medal!
If there is some time to go, maybe you could write to all known correspondents and ask them to amend their records of you? This could be done partly via email, which at least usually gets where it is sent.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:33 pm

I went into my local correos and asked for the form, promptly appeared filled in and returned, paid my money and all mail has been re directed for longer than the paid period :-) nice jefe in my old correos we had a good rapport. I practiced my Spanish him his English.

ladymuck
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ladymuck » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:02 pm

keep an eye on them as they only redirected for a little while instead of the 6 months requested

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Thu May 09, 2013 12:29 pm

I have picked up a form from the Post Office, it is with a carbon copy attached so probably why it is not available to print from the Correos website.

Now I want some help as I am unsure how to get the UK address into the boxes provided so it will be understood by Royal Mail and is not printed out of order. In fact I am struggling with my spanish address too.

What is the translation of: Tipo de via, nombre de via, tipo numeracion. I have decided nombre de via is simply 'road name', but what the heck is tipo de via and tipo numeracion? :?

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Thu May 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Tipo de via= type of road I.E. Road , avenue, close ,drive. In spanish it relates to carretera, calle, avenida, etc. What you will have to remember is that it could well be reversed as spanish ones are.

Tipo de numeracion is the number . Beware here as for my house this is shown a house number followed by postcode. If there is somewhere else for the post code just put in the number.
Todos somos Lorca.