Lunch stop on the A66 north of Seville

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Lunch stop on the A66 north of Seville

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:46 pm

We are at last arranging for a long-awaited trip to Extremadura. Having just come back from a night in Seville it seems that just north of the city on the A66 would be more or less the halfway point of the journey. On the A92 there were quite a lot of petrol stations with restaurants nearby and that's the sort of thing we are looking for. I have been Googling but there doesn't seem to be much once you get north of Seville. Any suggestions please?

ValL
Resident

Re: Lunch stop on the A66 north of Seville

Postby ValL » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Don't know if any use to you or not. There are some great road side bars in Guillena just off the A66 about half hour from Sevilla. I cannot remember the name of the one I liked, they had most usual tapas that were delicious. One was a spectacular stuffed tomato with a sparkler in it ! It was always busy and sometimes had to wait for a table depending on day and time you went.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks ValL, it doesn't look too far north of Seville. If there's nothing by the motorway then it looks as though we may have to detour to a village to find lunch. I just didn't want to have to go too far from the main route as it will be nearly 5 hours driving in all ... and if the weather is as bad as it was on Tuesday when we were driving to Seville it may take a lot longer :(

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:05 am

There is very little on the actual motorway north of Seville on the A66. There is a gasolinera, hotel and restaurant around Monesterio that is but I have no idea what the food is like - only ever stopped for diesel. Your best bet will probably be the place recommended near Guillena.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:10 pm

As previously stated there are very few places on the A66, but the old N630 road runs virtually parallel with it all the way up. Just come off the motorway when you fancy some lunch and you will find somewhere on the N630 within a couple of Kms. Then rejoin the A66 at the next junction. :thumbup:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks for your help ..... at least we are forwarned so can look to stop at Guillena. I hate it when you keep driving on and on and can't find anywhere to eat .... thinking of my stomach as usual :lol: