Removals Companies

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
annfoto
Resident

Re: Removals Companies

Postby annfoto » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:28 pm

Previously used murray harper - awful and fd removals - worse than awful
Things must have changed, we used FD Removals 8 years ago - difficult campo access in the rain. They delivered our stuff in three trips with a hired smallish van. Everything was fine (1 light bulb broken).
Ann

Spanish Spitfire
Tourist

Postby Spanish Spitfire » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:46 pm

four weeks later, we finally have internet access so a quick update. Bishops Move were good overall, OK so a few breakages (one to the leg of a cast iron bull statue my husband had renovated - hopefully it'll get mended) but considering everything - not as bad as it could have been. I could have done without the 'removal man weather forecaster' saying as we moved in that next winter is predicted as being just as bad as the last one - considering there was a landslide in front of our plot last winter, it was the last thing I wanted to hear when moving in!
Made lots of new friends with the neighbours - all sorts of nationalities/languages. Shame there has been a few burglaries with gas involved recently but from what we hear it happens everywhere.
all for now
SS

Twopints

Postby Twopints » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:37 pm

There are many Spain Removal companies out there offering full and part load service what I would say is book direct with a bona fide long established company who can offer recommendations and reviews and not with a broker who will just sell your lead on or take a percentage of the price, I would also get more than one Spain removal quote and have a chat with the company you will get an idea the sort of people you are dealing with. Also get their landline number and business address. If the removal company is run correctly you should receive a written contract.
Removals prices can vary depending on economic times and competitive market and can be negotiable allways acquire a minimum of three quotes to give yourself an idea of costs
Last edited by Twopints on Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GaryP
Tourist

Postby GaryP » Wed May 22, 2013 10:00 am

jimbothescot wrote:Access to properties is often an issue with large removal lorries.Sometimes a customer will say that they can easily get a 40ft lorry in the drive or that the Spanish builders truck gets up etc,However,a lot of the Spanish builders trucks are all short wheel based to make it easier to get access to streets in the pueblos etc.Some people mistakingly think that a large lorry can get in and in truth they have no idea how much space is needed to turn a large vehicle into a driveway.
However,if a company has been informed that a large vehicle will not get access then there is no excuse for not organising a smaller vehicle to tranship the goods to gain access to the property.
I have a 3.5 tonne Iveco Daily SWB van which I often take as well as the lorry,if I`m unsure whether the lorry will get in or not.Very often I don`t need it,but it`s much better than having to drive possibly a couple of hours to collect the van and go back.
I have heard quite a few good reports about Bishops Move and if you are getting free storage thrown in then I`d go with that.

Jimbo :wink:
Agree with this. Beware large companies with massive lorries (with shared loads) even getting access to decently tarmac'd properties. We had a very bad experience with Pickfords, who couldnt get under a tree [which seemed mighty high to me!]. Basically he shrugged his shoulders and we had to hire a transit and make 4 trips up and down the road to unload. As this took time to organise they also wanted us to waive the unpacking.
I guess our fault overall, but Spain isnt really suited to lorries the size of a warehouse!