Sick of Spain

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:38 pm

Last week I saw a filling station in Chelsea selling petrol @ 129.9 p/litre!
Well if you can afford to live in Chelsea you can afford to keep the tractor topped up with fuel. Given the choice between living in Chelsea or CDS, I would definitely choose the former. Allright, London beer is a bit flat, but you would be able to have a session with your neighbours, such as George Best and Liam Gallagher every afternoon! And no problems with the language either.

wdw477
Tourist

Re: Pros and cons

Postby wdw477 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:05 pm

[quote="Vern]"honourable exceptions" such as? [/quote]enforced exile for political reasons for example?

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:22 pm

syd:
i wouldn't think of second guessing you...
wdw77:
i'm glas you only heard that once - it was a republican...
emilio:
happiness being in 'oneself' conjures up visions of selfishness... then sometimes it has to do with sex... i'll pass on that one for now -
wdw77:
wow, second post and you're already into 'white-trash brit residents'
can't wait to see what you come up with for 'honourable exceptions'...
amheuwr:
you did write - "...where i do not full understand the language..." but you
didn't say you wouldn't learn the language or correct me if i misread...
breaker one nine:
no, my quote is correct & straight out of the sixties...
wdw77:
...you're really grasping for straws...
next -

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:27 pm

spelling cow unavailable
and i didn't proof read, but can probably post this before i read...
glas is glad
full is fully...

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:36 pm

wdw477 wrote:[quote="Vern]"honourable exceptions" such as?
enforced exile for political reasons for example?[/quote]

Would that not class them as "political refugee"?

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:51 pm

Vern wrote:
enforced exile for political reasons for example?
Would that not class them as "political refugee"?[/quote]

Not necessarily, the rolling stones for example were exiled forcibly in the sixties because the political regime at that time were taxing them too heavily, whearas, a political refugee would be fleeing from tyrannical government, I'd be happy to hear the other interpretations of this comment from a see-through poster!!

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:57 pm

Breaker one nine wrote:
Vern wrote:
enforced exile for political reasons for example?
Would that not class them as "political refugee"?
Not necessarily, the rolling stones for example were exiled forcibly in the sixties because the political regime at that time were taxing them too heavily, whearas, a political refugee would be fleeing from tyrannical government, I'd be happy to hear the other interpretations of this comment from a see-through poster!![/quote]

not so sure how "enforced" that was but even so would that make them an "honorable exception"?

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:06 pm

this sounds interesting -
first, we need to define our terms, i.e., what is a "see-through poster"?
second, wdw77 introduced the idea of "a case for honorable exceptions for an immigrant living in a country and not embracing its language and culture" which vern questioned and which wdw77 has side-stepped...

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:21 pm

nevada smith wrote:this sounds interesting -
second, wdw77 introduced the idea of "a case for honorable exceptions for an immigrant living in a country and not embracing its language and culture" which vern questioned and which wdw77 has side-stepped...
don't get too exited, this debate is way too far outside this forums comfort zone and will, no doubt be halted by the moderator

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:02 pm

Moderator moderating, I think they are probably dead or gone to start anew life in the UK.

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:48 pm

Things appear to have gone off track a bit here.
Addy, you’ve tried it and decided Spain is not for you, I hope you won’t take any bitterness with you, use the knowledge you have gained here to help map out your future.
I think the vast majority, if not all, the members of this forum wish you all their very best wishes and success for the future.

gretch

julian
Andalucia Guru

sick of spain

Postby julian » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:59 pm

personally I find it hard to take this thread seriously, just the name addy nuff makes me wonder if the original post was serious, especially when "the language" was one of the reasons for being sick of spain, did you really come to spain without realising that you would hear the spanish language spoken all day long everyday......... on the street, in the bars, in the shops, on tv.....everywhere.... it just seems such a strange reason for being sick of spain. maybe it´s just me.

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:05 pm

personally I find it hard to take this thread seriously, just the name addy nuff makes me wonder if the original post was serious, especially when "the language" was one of the reasons for being sick of spain, did you really come to spain without realising that you would hear the spanish language spoken all day long everyday......... on the street, in the bars, in the shops, on tv.....everywhere.... it just seems such a strange reason for being sick of spain. maybe it´s just me.

no its obviously our resident troll again!±

makes me wonder why people are daft enough to take him seriously and respond as well :roll:

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:21 pm

Nevada, a see through poster, in my opinion is one whom I consider to be transparent, that is in my view, one who is using yet another crappy ID in order to get someone to listen to him, the poster to whom I am referring NEVER makes an original comment, but always has a dig at others, I'm sure we all know who it is!!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:36 pm

Well said tops, your transparancy is obvious and your new found honesty is refreshing, pity the reply was to yourself though but at least it is a step in the right direction.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:58 pm

spanish hopes wrote:Well said tops, your transparancy is obvious and your new found honesty is refreshing, pity the reply was to yourself though but at least it is a step in the right direction.
This is exactly what I mean about digs at others, me actually, I'm the only one he ever has a go at, the problem is, as he knows, that he doesn't have the stones to tell the forum why, although he and I both know the real reason!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:04 pm

I'm the only one he ever has a go at
True tops but because of your kindness through your insecurities I t looks as if I'm digging at half the forum, but everyone knows they are all you.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:08 pm

Perhaps he's referring to short stay workers or Diplomats??

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:41 pm

i know you ain't going to be to happy about me steppin' in here -
know you can handle your self and
you know you ain't me and i ain't you - just thought maybe we could 'split' the efforts of those who think we is...

have a nice evening... for the time being - i'm outta here

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:47 pm

nevada smith wrote:i know you ain't going to be to happy about me steppin' in here -
know you can handle your self and
you know you ain't me and i ain't you - just thought maybe we could 'split' the efforts of those who think we is...

have a nice evening... for the time being - i'm outta here
Me too!