How can a person let this happen- warning graphic photo

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

How can a person let this happen- warning graphic photo

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:21 pm

This young Mastin, about 3 months old was found abandoned on Friday, she was taken straight to the vet but sadly lost her eye. Possibly she could have been treated if they had taken her to the vet but the owners chose to ignore it and then throw her out.

If anyone wants a one-eyed Mastin we have just the dog for you! It has been a bad week, a Dalmatian, a Waterdog, a Podenco (with 8 pups) and yesterday 6 small Bodeguero (?) pups were found, in a box outside the olive co-operative, 4 alive, 2 dead.

Will it ever finish?

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Re: How can a person let this happen- warning graphic photo

Postby oliveview01 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:19 pm

The vet said it was not an infection, a stick had been poked into pups eye :x

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:34 pm

I can't write what I want to say!

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:16 pm

She (Xenna, pronounced like Siena) was found dumped on an old landfill site, she had been seen there for 3 weeks it seems, how she survived we do not know. As soon as the refuge were told about her she was ´rescued´ . Poor little girl is a survivor that is for sure.

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Poor baby!!! :'( I wish I could take her as I already have a one eyed cat! I wish several lifetimes of bad Karma to whatever b*****d could stick something into a puppy's eye, and to whoever can dump animals with such callous disregard. I don't understand people who can do these things but, I have a house full of cats and kittens because of people doing the same (the most recent was 2, 7 day old kittens in a carrier bag dumped at the bins and found by my sons who heard them calling in distress!!) :evil:

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:38 pm

I found 7 pups, hours old, the other week, they were in a pool chemical tablets tub. They were in the full sun, they were in a bad way, the smell was dreadful. We took them to a vet and he put them to sleep. He said they were very poorly and not likely to survive. It was a sad day. :(