Travel Insurance

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Travel Insurance

Postby Bongtrees » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:37 am

Does anyone know how I can book travel insurance within Spain, preferably online.

I booked flights with Air Berlin online but unlike Easyjet etc there was no facility to book insurance. I tried calling but was held in a queue on an expensive call to UK.

I left it a few weeks and this morning managed to get through with a rerouted call to Germany where a very rude Fraulein told me that they would not do it saying ¨You had your chance when making to try and get through on the telephone¨

Any help gratefully received as still haven't received E111 here.

Mike

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:24 pm

I did mine a couple of years ago through American Express online, worked fine, paperwork arrived in time & cover could start from the day I applied..........

Hope this helps?

If not, have a look at the Sur, I'm sure there must be travel insurance companies listed in there, they also have a website if you haven't got the paper surinenglish.com

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:23 pm

Our Spanish household insurance covers luggage loss or damage whilst travelling abroad and our private medical insurance covers health issues so no need for travel insurance which usually has so many restrictions and get-out clauses that it is not worth the bother or expense anyway.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:24 pm

Beachcomber wrote:Our Spanish household insurance covers luggage loss or damage whilst travelling abroad and our private medical insurance covers health issues so no need for travel insurance which usually has so many restrictions and get-out clauses that it is not worth the bother or expense anyway.
We pay into and use the excellent state health system but unfortunately haven't yet received our E111.s

However we need cancellation cover as have already paid for hotels and air fares to a special event so no refunds and want the medical insurance in case E111.s don't turn up. Have also presumed (rightly or wrongly) that an E111 doesn't cover repatriation?

Mike

meseta
Andalucia.com Amigo

pm

Postby meseta » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:51 am

hi bongtrees check your pms

LEONARDO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LEONARDO » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:05 pm

Bongtrees

You don,t have to have booked your flight with Easyjet to be able to book your insurance through them.

Leonardo :D

Travelogic
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Travelogic » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:08 pm

Tesco.com is as good as anywhere online. You can book from anywhere but you may require a UK address. All the forms once accepted are emailed to you so you can print them. The full policy is on their website in PDF format. You can print this too if needed.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:16 pm

Travelogic wrote:Tesco.com is as good as anywhere online. You can book from anywhere but you may require a UK address. .
You need to be very careful about using a UK address for travel insurance if you do not live in the UK.

If you live in Spain and go somewhere on holiday and have a real problem, they will only repatriate you to your UK address.

It happened to a friend recently.

Sid

meseta
Andalucia.com Amigo

possibly an ad ? Hopefully this is ok !!

Postby meseta » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:42 pm

My company holds an agency for a UK provider of insurance for British citizens not living in the UK.

" Cover is available to UK and non UK residents who must have resided in their country of reidence for at least six months and be registered with a doctor in that country. "

Please PM if I can help further.