Form S1 Translation

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
LizFox
Tourist

Form S1 Translation

Postby LizFox » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Has anyone else been told that they have to pay for an official translation of Form S1 into Spanish before they can submit it? It's for my retired mum.

John & Kath
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Form S1 Translation

Postby John & Kath » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:03 pm

That's nonsense the form as issued by DWP is in two parts one English and one Spanish. I just took both parts with my other documentation to the INSS office and they were familiar with it and accepted it.
COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

http://costaesuriresidentsassociation.yolasite.com/

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:27 pm

Did the person who told you it had to be translated into Spanish offer to do it for you at a fee? :think: :think:
As John & Kath rightly pointed out the S1 form comes in 2 parts , one in English and a copy in Spanish.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:27 pm

Whats an S1 form for ....

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Have a read of http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcare ... broad.aspx
And for the form itself http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/ca8454.pdf
Save me typing. :wave:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:03 pm

I received an S1 direct from DWP in Newcastle today, came with notification of my State Pension which is due to start soon. It's headed Coordination of Social Security Systems, ©European Commission at the bottom of the page, already filled out with my details etc., and it is ONLY in English.
Not sure about Gerry's link, seems to only be the application form, not an S1, and anyway, no sign of Spanish there either.
Spoke to DWP earlier, they said the S1 is never in Spanish, that Spain deals with thousands of these every year and knows what they are. Obviously! :-)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Agreed - never seen one in Spanish - S1 or E121.

The only dual language form I have seen is the FD9 from HMRC.

Sid

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:41 pm

And the infamous "legislation letter"
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:43 pm

When I received my S1 a few years ago, it was in English only. The chap in the SS office spoke no English but had no difficulty understanding it as it seemed to follow an agreed format. He used a template to read across between the S1 and some other document he already had. It all went very smoothly.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:47 pm

masterob wrote:When I received my S1 a few years ago, it was in English only. The chap in the SS office spoke no English but had no difficulty understanding it as it seemed to follow an agreed format. He used a template to read across between the S1 and some other document he already had. It all went very smoothly.
Agreed. Of course they will understand it - that's because it is a standard EU form.

It is one of the advantages of harmonisation in the EU - just like the driving licenses, unless it happens to be some stupid UK car hire firm!

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:28 pm

OOPS!!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Perfectly correct, I got it wrong.
Got my forms mixed up, too much sun on my few remaining brain cells.

The S1 form is in English only.
Used it at various offices here in Spain and never been asked for a translation.
The FD9 form is the dual language one.
Except for the FD9 form all other forms I have received from the UK have been in English and have been accepted here in Spain without question.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Here is the full list of Spanish documents.

http://ec.europa.eu/social/keyDocuments ... &langId=es

Anyone else can use the spanish one, complete with its notes, to educate funcionario's as the OP has hopefully done.

P.S. Why is it that when you edit a post it mucks up the links ?
Todos somos Lorca.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi,
You need to use the URL tab when posting links.............

http://ec.europa.eu/social/keyDocuments.jsp?langId=en
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

LizFox
Tourist

Postby LizFox » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:36 pm

Thanks for your comments. I got it sorted in the end. Someone on another forum came back immediately and advised me to take the Spanish version of the S1 for them to use as a translation as they both have the same wording. Couldn't get back on here to tell other people who may have been in the same boat cos there were problems with accessing this forum.

Liz

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:15 am

Now I'm confused - we received our S1 forms in Oct 2012 but no Spanish translation . We took them to the Oficina de Extranjeros to prove we had medical cover (a requirement of signing on the Registro "" Residencia as it is often erroneously referred to"". It was accepted without question - no translation needed. We then took it (along with lots of other documents) to the INSS office in Huercal Overa where the nice man looked at it , scanned it, stamped it and attached a completed form in Spanish with E106 on the top and gave them back to us, which we have to take to a medical centre to register with a doctor.

We have been a bit tardy with doing that as we are both in reasonable health but I have decided that we will do it next week with a bit of help from an interpreter friend and see how we get on as I am not sure of the exact procedure at the Health Centre. If anyone does know perhaps they could enlighten me.

Our only problem is that it has an expiry date of Jan 2014 which maybe they will not notice :think:
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

LizFox
Tourist

Postby LizFox » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:33 pm

I guess that if you live in a place where they are used to Brits you'll be fine. Here in Seville there aren't so many so our form is unusual to the authorities. Good luck.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:07 pm

We will be taking our stamped copies of our S1 forms to our local centro de salud, fyfin - no sign of our tarjetas sanitarias but I'm told the number on the stamp is the one that will (one day!) be on our tarjetas, so that is all we need .........well, obviously will take our green cards and our bulging folder of other stuff, just in case :)

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:11 am

Irene. we have a very nice lady in the town who accompanied us to the Health Centre (3 mins walk away) and it was just as well she did, because as we are not pensioners we did not get a 44 number (I think that is the all important number) and so registration was a tad more difficult. BUT with her help and she knows everybody at the Centre as well, we are now registered ,and my wife has an appointment today for a blood test as she has hypothyroidism so should have regular checks although she is fine and gets her thyroxine from the Farmacia here (no prescription needed and really cheap €4.50 for 84 tablets).

Our only problem will be that from Jan 2014 we will not be covered so it will be interesting to see what happens after that. We did get an email from the UK government as a result of an enquiry telling us that the Spanish are looking at setting up a system that you can pay into and receive medical cover called a "Convenio Especial" at around €60 per month and would cover pre-existing conditions so better than private!

I still don't think the authorities have any right to ask for a translation of an S1 form but if it worked I suppose no harm done. These people were very helpful and came back to me very quickly if anyone has a query - [email protected]
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:50 pm

fyfin - well, I do believe we are now registered with a doctor. We went to the centro de salud at Vinuela and spoke to an extremely nice Spanish lady, very helpful indeed. Again, for info for others, we gave her our stamped S1 forms (well, copies, which were stamped at the INSS office in Velez 5 weeks ago) passports and residencia tarjetas (also obtained 5 weeks ago). She took photocopies of it all, gave us back the originals, typed our details (presumably) on her computer. She also filled in forms for each of us which, when we signed them, looked like requests for tarjetas sanitarias (I might be wrong but it had 'solicitud' at the top.......) These forms also had the name of our doctor in Canillas. She did tell us we would receive our tarjetas in 5 weeks :think:

I do have a page in favourites which someone on facebook gave me so that we can make appointments, in theory. https://ws003.juntadeandalucia.es/pls/i ... citamedico Still not convinced we can, as to make an appointment, it seems we need our tarjeta sanitarias number. Unless the number stamped on our S1 forms (a 15 digit number) is actually the number we will have on our tarjetas.........

I might have a bash at making an appointment, facebook knowledgeable people have told me I can cancel it. Alternatively, we can go round to the surgery and check we are, in fact, on the doctor's list. That will require me yet again to speak Spanish lol so will gird my loins for that methinks ;)

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:58 pm

For the online appointment you need the letter/number combination that is identified as N.U.H.S.A. ours begin with AN but this may not be standard, then it's birthdate and the other problem that seems to occur is entering DNI, you need to use the pull down and click the bottom one which is for Extrajanos and enter your NIE.
Cancel or Change are two of the options.