Radio Code Ford Ka

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
fearless nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Radio Code Ford Ka

Postby fearless nige » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Folks, we just bought a second hand Ford Ka off some people who have returned to the UK permanently through ill health. There were no manuals etc with the car, and we had to disconnect the battery today after experiencing a flat battery. Before buying the car I asked the previous owners about the radio code in case such a scenario occurred - they explained that they had previously had to go to the Ford garage and pay 15 euros to have the radio code put in!!!! My question therefore is - as the legal owner of the car - do I not own the right to have that code for free?!!! Plus, is there any other way of getting the radio unlocked without going to the Ford dealer? It's a pain in the neck! Thanks. Nigel

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Radio Code Ford Ka

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Let's go Brandon!

pete_l
Resident

Postby pete_l » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:15 pm

If you can finagle the radio to come out of its slot (not easy) you could well find that the code is on a sticker on the top/bottom/back/side of the radio unit.

While a lot of Ford's can be unlocked per the above link, some (mine included, grrrr) have a "factory" setting. I had to pay some guy on e*ay £2.50 to send him the radio's serial number and get an unlock code sent back.
Be aware, the radios often have a max. number of tries before they lock you out (and you have to wait a period of time to try again). So it's best not to guess.

fearless nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby fearless nige » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Thanks people. We bit the bullet and went to Ford who charged us 5 euros and gave us the code - I think whichever Ford dealership the old owners took the car to, took them for a ride by not only charging 15 euros but then not actually giving them the code. We now have the code! Relief!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:53 am

Same thing happened to a friend's Ford Fusion that we look after. We went to the main dealer in Velez (where the car originally came from) and had the registration papers with us, and they simply gave us the code. Maybe we were just lucky :thumbup:

TerryC
Resident

Postby TerryC » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 am

This is probably too late, but take the ashtray out and look at the back of it, you may find the keycode written on a label there.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:52 am

moneysavingexpert website.. they have a "ford radio code" section... ;)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

fearless nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby fearless nige » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Thanks!

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:03 am

This is a great site for any radio that needs coding. The serial number is needed which might prove problematic for some.

http://www.radio-code.lt/