Christmas get together

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:27 am

if its in 30km of the malaga area i would be interested.

asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby asiwalkedout » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:02 am

ok I'll try and sort out a poll for location as per poshtotti's suggestion later this afternoon (unfortunately my boss is hounding me for some work just now!)

Spanish Lad - unfortunately my daughter's spending Christmas with her boyfriend in the UK :cry:

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:01 am

I see that yesterdays new posters, Dis bar rat and Oppter have both been wiped, he, It's obviously the same person, he/she has been here in many guises now, the moderator definitley has a grudge against him I reckon, I mean it's not as though he posts anything bad, I think the moderator here is one of two posters, not sure which though!!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:05 am

No grudge tops, he just thinks that you have enough ID's as it is.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:08 am

P.S.
Nobody likes greedy kids now do they? You are doing what you always do. Coasting along with three or four ID's then you get a bit of bad wacky baccy and flip.

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:10 am

I would have loved to have been there but I'm away in Lanzarote (drat) :cry: I think it's a great idea and it would have been fascinating to put a face to the name, although it is fairly easier for the multi Id's to turn up with friends (if they have any) playing there alter ego's :wink:
Lorraine

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:19 am

friends (if they have any)

If they had a life they woundnt need to be posting on here all hours of the day and night talking to themselves would they :lol:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:22 am

hahaha i just thought, if i, or "asiwalkedout" are taking the money for the resturant, dont forget that topper has to pay per head ;) if he brings 5 alter-ego´s, it´ll cost him 90€ for him and his 5 friends ;)

awww lorraine.. thats no good, when are you back ?

asiwalkedout - shame she wont be here, be cool to talk to her after i´ve heard so much about her :) be good to meet u too, u sound cool ;)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:41 am

I'm away until mid Jan from Thursday, so looks like I'm going to miss quite a bit :(
would have been happy to pay for little 1 ID or 30€ if I could have brought my other half, who thinks I'm nuts for posting on here in the first place :?
Don't think the Multi ID man will turn up though, maybe he'll hide in the background watching :shock:
Lorraine

Jade138
Resident

Postby Jade138 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:20 pm

Forgive me for being a newbie here, but who is Topper or the multiple IDs please or I shouldn't have asked ? :oops:
Asiwalkedout and Spanish lad - I wish to join in the fun but ...... :oops:

Just my two cents worth:

You need a dateline and maximum number of pax for the event to be successful.
If the response is good, how about renting a place, everyone brings a dish to share, BYO and bring your own disposable stem wears for your own bottle. A side bar set up by the establishment for individual order basis, i.e., pay for what you've order.

Anyone who has expressed interest in going to send payment directly to you to show their sincerity in attending one week before the event.

This is a year end event and IMO, it would not be fair for the rest to be penalised, extra headaches for the organizer and last minute cancellation of orders (if potluck is not the option) for the restaurant.

How about bouncers? :lol:
Friends multiply joy and divide sorrow

asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby asiwalkedout » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:23 pm

ah thanks Spanish Lad! - and maybe next time daughter is with me i'll persuade her to come along for a get together

Jade - I guess we could do it that way - I'm open to any suggestions - I just thought it might be easier to have everything laid on for us - are you a vegetarian - did I get the jist right?

Jade138
Resident

Postby Jade138 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:30 pm

No dear, I am not a vegetarian. I love to eat, basically, I am a glutton. :lol:
I am not able to attend due to the distance. :oops:
Friends multiply joy and divide sorrow

asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby asiwalkedout » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:33 pm

oh sorry! - how about staying in a cheap pension for the night - or perhaps someone might kindly offer to put you up

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:38 pm

MaggieMay wrote:Never let it be said that admin don't have a sense of humour :lol:
I actually typed a well known name beginning with T and ending with R and it was edited into a Yawn. How funny is that.
The yawn was probably directed at you!

asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby asiwalkedout » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:42 pm

so Pertop - do you want to come along?

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:45 pm

asiwalkedout wrote:so Pertop - do you want to come along?
He has already said that he will, 5 or 6 times just in his different frocks.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:57 pm

jade *yawn* is the name that appears when someone writes "T.O.P.P.E.R" without the stops. he is .. some might say, a troll. he comes on here with multiple usernames and basically disagrees with everything and bugs the hell out of us. T:O:P:P:E:R appears as *yawn* because the moderators are bored of him ;)

and no, you shouldn´t of asked ;)

jade!!! its just a load of us getting together at a bar for a few drinks, somewhere where food is avaliable, if we want to eat we´ll sit down and eat, if not, we´ll all just stay at the bar ! no1 is booking a table, and no1 is taking any money, ya´ll pay for yourselves :D
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

ian.wilson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ian.wilson » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:08 pm

Sounds about right to me spanish_lad.
Oh Yes! another day in paradise!

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:16 pm

how about renting a place, everyone brings a dish to share, BYO and bring your own disposable stem wears for your own bottle. A side bar set up by the establishment for individual order basis, i.e., pay for what you've order.
sorry but this potluck thing is really one of those silly american ideas. :cry:

Basically it might work it you are transporting food next door to your neighbours house. Cant you afford 15E :?:

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:30 pm

So are you going then Sherlock :?: