Has anyone actually lost their TV signal yet?

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
dxf
Resident

Re: Has anyone actually lost their TV signal yet?

Postby dxf » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:47 pm

Chica56 wrote:Has anyone gound a good solution yet that is not internet TV .

Well - you try a 4.2 metre dish - not guaranteed though

Davexf

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:04 am

Here's a bargain....
Primesat 4.5m prime focus heavy duty fixed dish (with AZEL mount),
Feedhorn and c120 flange Ku band LNB
Please note this price includes the large ground stand with 10.5 inch pole for the AZEL mount.
This dish is in 4 sections.
Order code PR45FIX
£14,999.95
:wave: :roll:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:20 am

firsttango wrote:The Ukraine see below from skymadrid website

MAR4

IPTV SERVER DISCOVERED IN UKRAINE
An unconfirmed report suggests that one IPTV server for Spain is located in Odessa, Ukraine, just 200km across the Black Sea from now-occupied Crimea.
Odessa, UkraineA user has carried out a "trace route" which shows the IPTV streams are being sent from a server in Odessa. Head end equipment to feed pirated TV to IPTV boxes across the world is openly available in Russia.
A trace route uses the IP address system to identify the servers used and the hops between them. The reported end-quality suggests that BBC, ITV, C4 and C5 channels are re-encoded in Odessa, then sent to subscribers in Spain.
I can guarantee you 100% that the server is not located in Odessa. If it was that easy to be found by anyone doing a simple whois "trace route" The streams would have been closed down within the first week.
These people are not that stupid. :lolno: :lol:
A couple of clicks on my mouse and I could show up on a "trace route" by the admins on this site as being located anywhere I choose. :roll:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:45 am

Just Coincidence then that the IPTV Box being punted everywhere loaded with these channels (Mag 250) actually is made by a Russian Company Infomir and one of their HQ is located at none other than!

Infomir
4-D, Marshal Zhukov Avenue, Odessa
Ukraine, 65121
Tel: +38-(048)-740-67-40

Also WHO would close them down? Or even try...they'd have to have a mighty pair of cajones

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:50 am

The box may well be made there but as I say the server will be well hidden, otherwise the streams would not be still there.
The channel providers would have them closed down. Especially a certain Australian meglomaniac :silent:

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:58 am

Maybe they're on a ship full of hippies in the North Sea :lol:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:05 am

That would be a better punt than Odessa :)

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:06 am

Why not? Again who'd even want to try and open that dialogue with Russia/Ukraine especially at this time, cant see Auntie Beeb having a pop at Mr Putin and his pals can you? Seriously!!
If the might of the whole film industry cant shut down well know film and tv torrentsites based out of far more friendly Euro countries?
But this is early days maybe channel five will take the fight to these pirates. Certainly not an Australian that you mention

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:13 am

My guess would be whoever wrote the article on skymadrid did their research and the consensus of opinion generally is this is where the streams are coming from, but never be as bold to guarantee that 100% only time will tell....but too big a coincidence for me

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:25 am

What you are missing is that the boxes may be made in Odessa and will probably carry a generic ip address that traces back to the factory there. BUT the location of the server hosting the links to the channels programmed in by a 3rd party to enable their clients to watch UK tv in Spain will not be found by a simple trace route.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:31 am

Judging by the length of this thread, there's not many people watching UK TV here anyway :lol:

Incidentally, it's now twice as long as last year's hot topic, 720, so we can see where priorities lie :shh:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:37 am

I very rarely watched it when it was available on my dish. There are thousands of other channels out there. :)

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:39 am

As I said I didn't write the article and time will tell where they come from...as they say though "more ways to trace a route than a simple whois" I'm certainly not missing any point, just too coincidental and simply only my opinion.

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:34 am

OK sorry to sound thick here, I am or will be interested in buying some sort of iptv box to complement my sky hd + on demand stuff and searching around I'm seeing the aforementioned Mag 250 on fleabay and amazon for in the region of 60 to 90 quid and android boxes for similar sorts of money.
So which to go for, I need something that is easy to navigate for other users and frankly I'm totally confused now as I thought you could just buy a 250 and put Stalker on it but from what I've just been told that's not possible it would just have a browser, or am I reading this wrong, don't they come with stalker already on them. Help! :crazy:

Aunty Val
Andalucia.com Amigo

Tablet for TV solution

Postby Aunty Val » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:32 pm

Just to throw the whole TV debate into confusion, I am wondering why bother with an Android box when I could use a tablet to do the same job and have the tablet free to use when not in use for the TV.

Am I being dim?

So, the next question is - which tablet to go for? I don't need it for anything serious - simply to download the usual Iplayers and connect to the TV.

Cheap would be good but I don't want to buy the wrong one...like boxes, there appears to be thousands of them out there!

Any suggestions from people currently using a tablet would be great - oh, and I don't like Apple so no Ipad suggestions please.

alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

IPTV set top box

Postby alicia » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:50 pm

Still haven´t sorted my UK TV yet. I was wondering though. Could I just buy my own set top box that had a wi-fi port and then pick up the signal from my computer. Then would the programmes be streamed to my TV? It´s just that I don´t want a monthly subscription sort of thing and really not too bothered about catch up and stuff. Does that sound "do-able" does anyone think? Or should I just call up a TV or Sat company and get them to sort it out. Grateful for any suggestions.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:00 pm

Any suggestions from people currently using a tablet would be great - oh, and I don't like Apple so no Ipad suggestions please.
If you don't want an iPad then you might as well go for the cheapest you can find! That's probably bad advice but I haven't yet tried a tablet that comes even close to an iPad.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Tablet for TV solution

Postby markwilding » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:18 pm

Aunty Val wrote:
Can I ask you why?
There is no rational reason to not like Apple. As far as I can see they produce good products and in the context of this thread their results are by far the best.
Campo Steve wrote: If you don't want an iPad then you might as well go for the cheapest you can find! That's probably bad advice but I haven't yet tried a tablet that comes even close to an iPad.
I agree, If you just want a tablet, any one will do. However, watching on the TV is another matter. especially the BBC. Streaming to the TV with Apple TV, the quality is almost as good as Satellite.In fact I don't see any difference from the normal definition channels.
I'm not getting anything like the same results with my Android IPTV or phone connected to the TV with a HDMI cable.
I would say the computer offers better quality connected the TV than the IPTV

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:32 pm

I know the iPad is a good tablet, and so it should be for what it costs. My Tablet cost €80, but as far as running the television is concerned, it does the job perfectly!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:41 pm

I have never used an iPad or any other kind of tablet so don't have any experience of Apple. I am wondering if it would be worth buying one since they seem to be able to work with the TV so well. I have only ever used Windows - is the Apple OS very different?

Looking at what is available the cheapest one is the iPad Mini 16GB. Would that do everything I needed (ie run Filmon and iPlayer)? I already have a PC and a notebook (or is it a netbook :? ) laptop, so don't want to spend a fortune on yet more devices. However, long term, I am thinking that the iPad seems to be a better buy than spending the money on an Android box which isn't useful for anything else and it also seems that they can be difficult to set up.

Just seen what ajtg has posted ..... now more confused - will a cheaper version work as well or should I just stick to my Windows 7 little laptop?