DAB Radio

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
doubleohseven
Tourist

DAB Radio

Postby doubleohseven » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:34 pm

I'm looking to purchase something that receives a radio signal with an input so I can run my ipd / iphone through it.

So my question is....if I purchase a DAB radio, will it work or is there any english stations i can pick up in the Marbella area?

Thanks
Cold beans aren't hot

knowal
Resident

Re: DAB Radio

Postby knowal » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:36 pm

As far as I know, there is no DAB radio in Spain. There are quite a few radio stations transmitting digitally over the TV (TDT) network.

doubleohseven
Tourist

Postby doubleohseven » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:44 pm

Ok thanks, my next step will be to look into broadband costs but i'm not looking forward to paying for broadband when the house is only occupied for 3 months a year. :crazy:
Cold beans aren't hot

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:15 pm

Some companies offer Pay as you Go broadband connections which is ideal for part timers.
Unfortunately you haven't included where you live in your location, otherwise someone might have been able to recommend a company where you live.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:10 pm

White Horse wrote:As far as I know, there is no DAB radio in Spain. There are quite a few radio stations transmitting digitally over the TV (TDT) network.
Has anybody tried to use a DAB radio to pick the TDT radio signals?

Having said that, Spanish radio is worse than Spanish TV if that's possible.

I started listening to one that played music all the time, no speaking and some nice oldies but it didn't take long to realise that there can't have been more than 50 songs on the playlist

pmb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pmb » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:30 am

Assuming this is up to date here is a list of DAB transmissions in Spain. http://www.wohnort.org/dab/spain.html