Validate Win 7

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
mhic
Andalucia Guru

Validate Win 7

Postby mhic » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:31 pm

I have re-installed win7 after a whole lot of problems with it recently but it won't validate. The copy came with the computer three or four years ago and has been installed two or three time's before without a problem.I've tried all the options 9phone internet etc0 but just keep finding the product key is blocked. Does any one have a number I could call to talk to a real person please?

Mhic.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Validate Win 7

Postby Enrique » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi mhic,

Some questions.............well one.........

When you installed the original copy from disk of Windows 7 did up try to validate before downloading all the Windows updates. :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi Enrique.
No it didn't in fact it downloaded 181 updates and took hours doing it, I forgot to alter the settings!
Mhic.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:39 pm

Hi mhic,
Have you changed any hardware that caused you to reinstall Windows 7........ :?:

If not..... install Windows 7 .....validate ........then do the updates, especially if the original is pre SP1.

For phone number ...type in the search "programs and files" box and pick your country ie UK if you want to do it in English

Start -> slui.exe 4
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:34 pm

I ran validate and it showed my disk as genuine so why the aggro,don't make sense.

Mhic.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:55 pm

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:27 pm

Have tried all the offered options several times now though still unable to talk to anything other than a machine so I suppose I will have to swallow it and buy a new product number. Thanks for the advice though.

Mhic.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:52 pm

It won't help you this time but whenever I have a new PC or new operating system I make an image back up with Acronis True Image before installing any software so that if I have a problem I can install the virgin image without the need to reinstall Windows from scratch and, consequently, no validation problems.

In fact, if you make regular back ups and you then have a problem you can install the last good image without losing all of your installed software.
Let's go Brandon!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:23 pm

mhic wrote:Have tried all the offered options several times now though still unable to talk to anything other than a machine so I suppose I will have to swallow it and buy a new product number. Thanks for the advice though.
Mhic.
It happened to me once some time ago and I seem to remember that if you didn't talk to the machine it defaulted to a human bean somewhere in India who talked you through it. I assume you are trying the UK number +44 203 1474930

The last thing you want to do at the moment is buy a W7 licence. You say that when you check it says it's activated. Presumably you can still use it. In theory it should become unusable in due course but it may not so it might be worth waiting to see what happens. I have a W8 system installed on my iMac which I have never managed to activate but it works OK.

The other option is to "borrow" a key from another user who has been activated for more than 6 months. The previous activation history is reset after 6 months.

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:14 pm

El Cid wrote:... I seem to remember that if you didn't talk to the machine it defaulted to a human bean somewhere in India who talked you through it.

Sid
I believe that is correct. I seem to remember having a problem entering the digits on my phone for the automated system and I got put through to a helpful human.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:39 am

I have just installed a new version of W7 Pro on my son's laptop. After the installation I then went into Control Panel and chose System. On the very bottom of the page is a statement in green ( I think) saying "System not authenticated x days to autoauthentication. Authenticate now."
I clicked on Authenticate now which opened another window.
On there it gives you your authentication key consisting of 9 sets of 5 chars, a country dropdown box and 9 empty verification boxes . In said country dropdown box choose united kingdom and make note of the 0800 freephone number. Then email this tel number and the authentication key to a friend/family member in the UK and ask them to phone the freephone number. Ask them to send you the activation code (again of 9 x 5 digits) that they are given over the phone. You then enter these into your activation boxes on the above screen on your laptop, press done and voila!
Activated.
I may have mixed up the terms verify, validate and activate but you will pick them up once you are in the system.