Chinese products

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
luckyjim
Resident

Chinese products

Postby luckyjim » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:08 pm

Any one interested in chinese products. Found a chinese supermarket which sells Chinese food stuffs. Quite expensive but worth it. Situated where the Thursday market is located. Super mercado Asiatico.

luckyjim
Resident

Re: Chinese products

Postby luckyjim » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:10 pm

Forgot to say Torre del Mar.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:36 am

Will give it a try next week. TY

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 am

Since I don't know Torre market, can you give a more precise location please?

Sid

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:31 pm

I am the worlds worse at directions. If you come down from the main road into the first alleyway of stalls walk until you get to the first turning left into the next aisle of stalls. Walk to the end of the aisle and the supermarket is directly in front of you. I am basing my directions from the bus station, cross the road passed Eroski cross main road and entrance to market in front of you(this only works if you go on a Thursday!) If someone could do this better woul appreciate it.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:42 pm

Called in today for first and last time...small selection of stuff (less than say Arkwrights) and pricey. If you still want to check it out it is on Calle Princesa, on the crossroads near the internet cafe and on the opposite side of the road from it.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:58 pm

Do a bit of googling before buying "authentic" Chinese food products, you may get a shock. Thought I had posted this before but I must have not hit the button :?

Erika
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Erika » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:12 pm

Is Arkwrights still there? I sent them an email as i heard they weren't and have not had a reply?

I will try the one in Torre Del Mar. I am trying to find ingredients like blacan (terasi) shrimp paste, black beans, galangal, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves and so on. I am new to Nerja and have been to Iranzo and also to the Dutch owned grocer on Calle Pinctada here but both have only limited ranges.

I read in an old post that in Torremolinos there are some Asian supermarkets around the bus stop. Can anyone tell me which direction to walk from the bus stop, street names or landmarks to look out for? Macdonalds was mentioned as a landmark in an old post but I couldn’t locate it on google.

I have also heard there is a big Chinese population in Malaga near the airport area. Also that there are a lot of chinese supermarkets outside the centre of Malaga. Can anyone provide more information, address or directions? I have no car so will be using public transport/walking so would like to pinpoint my destination in advance.

First post so sorry for length.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:27 pm

Arkwrights still there and active as of March. Doesnot look to have been sold as the same grumpy sod was there.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:28 am

I would try becoming a regular at a good Chinese restaurant and asking them where they get their supplies?
The Cuidad Sur on the eastern end of the Torre del Mar seafront could be a place to start.
Or of course....https://foursquare.com/boke/list/tienda ... -en-málaga
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Erika
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Erika » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:50 pm

Ha ha – thanks Lyric. I’ll head up there and beard the lion in his den!
Had a similar plan peteroldracer with our local Beijing Bazaar but restaurant idea is even better. Torre Del Mar a bit far for regular visits from Nerja but thanks for the tip for a special meal. There’s a couple of Chinese restaurants in Nerja so I’ll try to get friendly with them. Will also check out the website you suggested.

Erika
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Erika » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:51 pm

Just checked that list Peter. Came up with two possibilities for South East Asian/Chinese products, Supermercado Oriental and Asia Alimentación. Both appear to be just off Avenida Los Manantiales in Torremolinos based on the little mudmaps supplied. As the list is pretty old (2011) does anyone know if they’re still there? In any case, even if not it gives me an idea of which direction to head from the busstop. Many thanks.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:33 pm

FaFa foods in Fuengirola was pretty good last time I visited.

https://foursquare.com/v/fafa-foods--as ... 42f08bb4f5

Sid

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:17 pm

Erika wrote: Supermercado Oriental and Asia Alimentación. Both appear to be just off Avenida Los Manantiales in Torremolinos
They're between Avdas. Isabel Manoja & Manantiales. Not sure of the names, I think the older, smaller of the two is called simply Super Oriental (C/Rio Arba), the newer, much larger (and IMHO, cleaner) is Supermercados Oriental (C/Dña Maria Barrabino) - it's directly behind the new museum building (still unfinished). Also, coming into town on Isabel Manoja, before you reach these, opposite the Griego Mar hotel, is King Spice, which as far as I know supplies most of the Indian restaurants on the coast. And near the bus station, behind the new Clinica Rincon, there are some Arab butchers which sell a good range of spices, and beautiful flat bread. We've got it all! :thumbup:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:23 pm

Try these folks. http://www.ingredient.es/ It's the food website of Sugar and Spice based in Competa. They will deliver or of course you can visit the shop and collect in person. Huge range at decent prices.

If you are in Torre then there is a chinese bazaar that carries a reasonable range of sauces eg fish sauce, wine vinegar soy, sweet chilli, and more. Head along from the main road from Supersol. Past the police station and you'll seea Cajamar bank on the right hand side on a corner.. Take the right hand turn and the bazaar is the first shop.
Regards

Bob

123-rattle
Tourist

Postby 123-rattle » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi All,,

There is a company in the UK that will send to Spain,

They are a spice wholesaler and ship all over the place.

www.thespicecompany.co.uk

They have a good range of dried spices.

Erika
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Erika » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:07 am

Thanks all for tips and details.

Erika
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Erika » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Have just heard there is a small Asian grocer very near the Maria Zambrano train station in Malaga. Apparently it is also right near a fresh produce market and you can walk there easily from the train/long distance bus station Does anyone know exactly where this would be?

Still hoping for addresses for any of the ones near the airport too. Thanks