E Cigarettes

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: E Cigarettes

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:44 am

Because it's a forum.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:01 am

To answer the OP's question, a bit of Googling threw up some info - it may of course be out of date as many suppliers have closed.

E SENSE e cigarette
Boutique
Address: Calle Castilla Pérez, 24, 29780 Nerja, Málaga, Spain
Phone:+34 952 52 41 64
Hours: Open today · 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.

Picture here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/uv?hl=en& ... 4UCh0_AQsg

Sid

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:21 am

Sid: a good test of the new forum "long url" ability, but sadly it fails, as your link takes me to a "report inappropriate image" site of Google Maps! Perhaps they have the same opinion of ecigs as me..... :lol:

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:36 am

The link, and Google image, works OK on my PC.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:39 am

[img] Maps
Thank you for helping Google by reporting content which may be in violation of our Community Standards.
Why are you reporting this photo?
(Required)Spam
Copyright
Hate speech or violence
Nudity
Harassment or bullying
This photo is irrelevant to this business
Email address:
(Required)
reCAPTCHA verification:
(Required)

From my iPad.....
©2015Google - Google Home - Google Maps Home - Privacy Policy - Google Maps Help[/img]

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:44 am

They do for me too sid, thanks.
This is not for Non-smoker me but Senior Management, who just doesn't seem to have the will to go the final step. It is begenning to look like we will go to paranoid no smokers for Chrissie so she wants to try. The reference to a reliable source was that she bought some from a stall in Ingenio last year, which were faulty but when she went to return same they had been replaced by the helicopter man.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:59 am

Peter, I think it is because you are using an iPad - I get the same message when I try it on mine. It's the same in Safari or Chrome.

I have no idea why!

Sid

johnr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby johnr » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:00 am

I've been buying from the same man in El Ingenio for about a year. Maybe he moved his stall, although I can't remember that. The helicopter man is at the entrance near C&A etc. The e-cig stall is near the cafe outside the opticians/Primor. He's incredibly friendly and even helped me carry my Eroski shopping to my car the other week despite my protests I was ok.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:15 am

Lyric; sincerely meant advice for Senior Management, from a 60-a-day smoker for nearly 50 years, who stopped.
Never use words like "try", even to yourself. The attitude must be positive and definite - I am stopping smoking NOW. Then just throw away all lighters, cigarettes, ashtrays, all the stuff that associates with smoking - you will not need any of it again.
Any time you feel tempted, ask yourself "how on earth can sticking a roll of tobacco in my mouth and lighting it change anything" other than making you cough of course!
Learn to despise anyone who cannot live without smoking (not to their faces of course!) and allow yourself to feel a little bit superior.
Do not analyse why or when you smoke, simply do not do it any more.
It is as simple (and hard) as that.
If you want to reward yourself, every day put the money you would have spent on smoking in a jar in a very visible place - and be totally honest with yourself with how much it should be, no saying "i would have not bought some today" when money is not to hand. You know you would almost sell your children to get a cig! Reward yourself when a financial target is reached - say €100 after a week or so.
Don't give it a try, just STOP.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:38 pm

The link works on safari with Mac.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:16 pm

AH ... discussing smoking, politics and religion. It seems to bring out the worst in people. Entrenched views and all that.
Dave

johnr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby johnr » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:44 pm

It's not even smoking. That's the daft thing.

I smoked cigarettes from 16 to about 32. I quit using lozenges that time. I didn't smoke again for about 10 years.

I started again a couple of years ago at a time of personal stress. Stupid, yes, but I knew that. I don't drink and I wanted something to 'help'. I choose to smoke, but I knew it would be short term.

Now I've not smoked for a year. I'm on e-cigs. I've gone down in strength from 24mg (I think?), to 18, to 12, and now on 6mg. Soon I'll have stopped.

The man I buy it from is delighted each time I go down, even though he knows eventually I will stop being a customer.

As an aside, and to go back to an earlier poster. Do I 'despise' smokers? No. Will I 'despise' e-cig users when I stop? No. As I said, I don't drink. Do I 'despise' drinkers? No. Each to their own.

Still - let's ban them all eh? And if we can't get them banned, let's pretend they are...

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alpineSi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:52 am

There seem to be a few shops around here selling accessories for growing and smoking marijuana; you can't really miss them as they have the massive green leaves or Jamaican flags on the signs! Anyway, I was thinking that as they have bongs and the like in the windows then maybe they have e-cigs too - might be worth a look? My uncle has managed to heavily reduce his smoking thanks to the e-cigs but the biggest concern (if you're not worried about tobacco, of course) seems to be the plastics used in the cheap ones. Apparently some of the e-cigs are badly designed so the element overheats them so much it melts the plastic insides and you're then inhaling that.