From the horse's mouth

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

From the horse's mouth

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:42 am

I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: From the horse's mouth

Postby olive » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:42 pm

That is reasonably clear. Good post.

Couple of questions.
1. How long is the process for getting an EHIC card? Where do you go? village GP or local town issuing dept in hospital? How long does it last? We are at that stage in life where relatives are having illnesses and/or dying. One visit was for five days and turned out to be over three months.

2." Worker in Spain contributing to Spanish social security or in receipt of Spanish state pension or benefit: So lets say you are both under retiring age. One is working here and paying autonomo and the other is classed as dependent. Is that "benefit".?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:17 pm

From NHS UK SITE
The NHS is a residence-based healthcare system. Therefore, once you have moved permanently away from the UK, you are no longer entitled to medical treatment under normal NHS rules.
However, if you are living in another EEA country and you receive a UK State Pension, or any other benefit that can be paid to you when you move abroad (exportable benefit), you may be entitled to state healthcare paid for by the UK. You will need to apply for an S1 form (certificate of entitlement) from the International Pension Centre, which can be reached on 0191 218 7777. Once issued, register the S1 form with the relevant foreign authorities before you register with your local GP surgery.
Once you have registered your S1 abroad, you will be entitled to apply for and use a UK-issued EHIC to access necessary state-funded medical treatment when you visit other EEA countries outside the country in which you are currently residing, including when you return to the UK.

You cannot apply online for your UK-issued EHIC if you live abroad. You must apply by post using form EHICE, which should be sent to you automatically with your S1. If you haven’t received an EHICE application, please contact the relevant organisation.
If you have not received the EHICE application form, contact the Overseas Healthcare Team on 00 44 191 218 1999.
Apply to renew your EHIC
If you live abroad, hold a valid S1 and receive a UK exportable benefit, you can apply to renew your EHIC up to six months before its expiry date by calling 00 44 191 279 0575 or by emailing the S1 renewal application form (Doc, 230kb) to [email protected].
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:32 pm

If you pay social security in Spain, then you can go down to your local SS office or apply online. At mine an appointment is necessary but I usually make one there, then go for a cup of tea and go back a little later.

They take your details and the card arrives a couple of days later by post. They ask for the green residence certificate.