What can I bring over

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

What can I bring over

Postby chrisuk » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:56 am

As alot of you are now aware that I comming over, so it has me thinking what would be ideal to bring over that is kind of missed.

I've collected a few items and would like your input.

Jaffa cakes.
OXO
Bisto gravy
PG tips
Various chocs (I hear english chocs are better that the Spainish types)
Canned beers/largers
Bucks fizz
Heinz baked beans
Mayo dressing
cant remembr the rest, ask the kids cos they'll know more than you.

Let me know and we'll take it from there

Cheers
Last edited by chrisuk on Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:22 am

You can get heinz beans, even out in the "sticks" where we are it is possible, but oxo cubes and gravy granules are good. re choccies, I agree they are not so good, I am sure they get frozen first yuk. I miss good old English sausages and bacon.
Orange squash etc, I have never seen, so if you like them bring some with you.
T bags are a must because if you do find them here thay will be expensive, I have never seen any arounf here though, so all visitors are obliged to bring some.
If I think of anything else I shall post again.
Regards pwwm :lol:

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:56 am

Ok, on the Tea front how does PG tips sound
English sausages, which one and flavour, Tescos does their own with apple, tastes real nice, just an example
Bacon, smoked or unsmaked, streaky, backbacon etc , which one
OXO cubes are in different flavours, would the traditinal one be more suited
Bisto, Beef, Chicken, Lamb.
anyomre add them to the list.
Im heading down Malaga way and inland from there, Im sure we can arrange a meeting place or other at later date to collect.

If I brought down sausages and bacon I will have to freeze them, I've had no problems with frozen bacon and sausages in the past and is as good as fresh, let me know if this isnt to your likings, also if you know of any B&B it may well be an idea to let them know what Im able to do.
I can get a medium sized freezer and work it off a invertor for the long tip to keep frozen, if I can fill the freezer up with confirmed orders it will pay for me to do as mentioned, and no I wont be buying it at supermarket but in bulk from Macro or Cosco's, to recope costs I will have to mark up to around 30%, depending on costs, freezer I ca nget for free, invertor will cost around £140 to run freezer

Cheers

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:54 am

No sorry, I meant for you to bring for yourself. I have my visitors well trained and we live too far away from CDS. But awfully nice of you to offer, just goes to prove there are nice people out there. Stock up for yourself.
Have a good trip, by the way just started hissing down again, and that is after a nice clear night, Shame! but managed to get the dog out first.
Enjoy your last few weeks in sunny Britain!! :roll:

costachick
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costachick » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:51 am

All the items on your list they sell in Carrefour.
There is even an 'International' section in the freezer bit now that sells pies, sausages, gammon and Linda Mcartney products, plus loads more stuff.

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:00 am

Sorry ChrisUK - but everything on your list is available here too. Most supermarkets have a Brit product section and small independant UK shops opening up everywhere - we have 2 in our village!

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:49 am

Thanks all, less for me to worry about and concentrate on other peoples goods wanting to be brought over..

Is it worth me bringing my appliances, I have a newish large fridge freezer, fairly new tumble dryer and washing machine, though the w/machine is getting on a bit but its AEG, I know TV's dont work in the sense that they dont recieve but that is easily over come buy using alocal VCR machine, the TV in question is a 32" wide screen Toshiba and I would hate to let it go for £100 as thats all they are now worth
Yet again your feed back would be appreciated

Cheers

jane grant

Postby jane grant » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:47 pm

I agree with the other posters that there is very little you can't get here somewhere - if you are desperate and prepared to look! Even up here in the 'back and beyond' (to quote spanish lad!) we can get just about everything.

Lion
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Lion » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:23 pm

Mayo dressing
All types of mayonnaise are available here including Hellmans, although I prefer the spanish brands.
Canned beers/largers
Unless it's specific rare English brands you would be mad to bring those over as they are a fraction of the cost here, 330ml cans of lager are available from 15 cents a can.
Orange squash etc, I have never seen
Yeah, all drinks to dilute are difficult to get here in Spain, Carrefour and Eroski do Juicee two litre bottles for around 2.50 Euros though down the international aisle.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:40 pm

Squash is also available at Supersol. We get through 2 or 3 bottles of it a week when the grandkids are visiting. Sacks of juicy oranges going cheap but will the little darlings drink fresh orange juice!!!

Mhic.

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:21 pm

I've been able to get most UK type food I needed by hunting around and also visiting various English supermarkets. However, I wanted to make a raspberry mousse and gave up after touring for miles trying to find tins of raspberries and raspberry jellies.

I made a mandarin orange one instead!
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

costachick
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costachick » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:34 pm

Carrefour sell Robinsons and Ribena, it's down the juice aisle.

redsoxbrit
Resident

What can I bring over

Postby redsoxbrit » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:43 pm

Anybody ever seen Scotch eggs or mini 'party' eggs please? :roll:

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:56 pm

redsoxbrit

Pity you are too far away, cos we make Scotch eggs and sell to the locals where we live!! Better than the supermarket ones you get, I can tell you!

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:03 pm

redsoxbrit

Pity you are too far away, cos we make Scotch eggs and sell to the locals where we live!! Better than the supermarket ones you get, I can tell you!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:12 pm

What do you put in the scotch eggs anewlife, they appear to be repeating on you? :lol:

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:24 pm

Que? No comprendo..... what are you getting at spanish lad????

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:37 pm

You double posted!

it's spanish-HOPES.

Mal
Tourist

don't buy from here!!

Postby Mal » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:36 pm

You can buy most of these products in Supersol or Carrefore, you will pay a bit more for them to be imported however AVOID the so called COSTALESS like the plague!

I went to the Estepona Costaless shop last week and was absolutely horrified at the prices there, and I do mean HORRIFIED! OK I know that the products are imported and need to be priced to accommodate that, however when something is priced at 99p and retailing here for nearly 4 euros that's wrong, and clearly daylight robbery! A tin of beans - that you can buy in any Supersol for about 99 cents was over 2 euros. A pack of turkey or chicken drummers (disgusting but apparently popular) priced at £1.99 retailing here for 8 euros!! UNBELIEVABLE, now I do know that things from the UK do have a price tag, but come on its a bit 'rich' to call this chain of shops anything with the word 'less' in it. - COSTABOMB or COSTARMANDALEG is more appropriate.

costachick
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: What can I bring over

Postby costachick » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:14 pm

redsoxbrit wrote:Anybody ever seen Scotch eggs or mini 'party' eggs please? :roll:
I've looked in Carrefour and can't see any.