Moto gp Jerez in a motorhome

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
irismary
Andalucia.com Amigo

Moto gp Jerez in a motorhome

Postby irismary » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:41 pm

I'd like to go to Jerez Moto gp (April 22-24) in a van. I've been given a site for info, (acampadamotogpjerez.com), but it is down at the moment. There is motorhome site there normally, but it says 'not open on games days'
Has anyone done it? Can you just live in a van on the in the public car parks? Is there a size restriction on them? It is a medium size van, too big to fit in the normal marked boxes, except maybe at the end of a line.
I've heard that it is a pretty anarchic place, with few rules, and fewer people followng them, so should I just turn up early and hope it works out? What do you think?
David

anis
Resident

Re: Moto gp Jerez in a motorhome

Postby anis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:17 am

Hi David,
We usually go every year and take our motor home. There are fields near to the track where you can park for a fee, about 50 euros for the 3 days. They provide toilets and water, black bin sacks for rubbish daily. On our field, the owner runs a small stall with ice and drinks too - good security and lighting. When you go to the track they look after your van in the daytime too.
We meet up with the same fellow campers each year - all nationalities and we end up having good fun. A bit noisy at night time, as you would expect. We take the dog too - lots of walks nearby. Normally, we set off on Thursday night and stay as long as we can, sometimes they let us stay on until Monday morning, same price.
The track is about 20 minute walk away and you can camp nearer than that on other fields, but the price goes up accordingly.
If you arrive on the Friday there will be plenty of people directing you to the fields and encouraging you to take their sites.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:47 pm

i seem to always miss this as I generally have my flights booked before I get the dates.
some of you guys can probably tell me how to find out the dates for this event as early as possible.
I am not a big fan of this event but have a few friends who are and would organize a trip for a few.

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:58 pm

22 to 24 April, we buy tickets on arrival, they are not any difference in price to those on line as far as we have found, but may be better online purchase for a group ?
Last year the ticket for the weekend was 100 euros for the stands or 50 euros to sit on the grassy slopes. A sun umbrella and cool box are helpful, but some years, it has rained hard which made camping in a tent a bit difficult. We usually look at a 10 day forecast for the weather ahead of the event.

irismary
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby irismary » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:56 pm

Thanks for that, Anis. The acampadamotogpjerez site is up again now, as well.
Prices are on the cicuitodejerez.com site, advance sales are from 126 euros to 71 euros for all three days, and they go up about 10 percent on the 22nd of March. According to the online booking site, the seats in the best stands are selling well, very few not sold in the one opposite the start/finish line.
If you buy on the day, is there still a choice of stands?
David

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:46 pm

We usually buy on Thursday arrival for stands.

irismary
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby irismary » Wed May 04, 2016 1:10 pm

I know that this thread is dead, but in case someone else wants the information, here it is.
The official campsite is quite dear, 50 euros for the van and 30 for each person, for the whole three day event, but it has showers, toilets, rubbish bins, and electricty (extra 50) if you need it. It is very noisy, and about a kilometer from the nearest course entrance.
On the walk to the course you will pass the free car park, where many people are camping. I asked a secuity guy whether this was permitted, and was told that it was not, but that was accompanied by a shrug when I pointed to the campers. I would guess that, as long as the official site is full, no one will enforce the ban.
There are farmers fields, with various levels of facilities, even nearer than the official carpark, available at about 10 euros a day.
I think that, for a motor home which is fairly self sufficient, I would go for one of these. You get a shorter walk, a quieter campsite, and no worry about being 'moved on', for a moderate cost.
If you want to keep the walk short, go for a stand which is accessed by Gate 1.
There were music events in the evening, but they were in Jerez. The traffic was impressive, with bikes 8 or 10 abreast on the motorway, and delays on the way there, but it cleared in less than two hours leaving.