Olvera

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Pirateprincess
Andalucia.com Amigo

Olvera

Postby Pirateprincess » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Any information about Olvera,how to get there,the area,expat ect ect? Tia :thumbup:
LOUISE M

pensure1988
Resident

Re: Olvera

Postby pensure1988 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi

Here are two websites for you. Buses are not very frequent from Malaga.Maybe a Destination Expert can help you in your query.

http://www.turismolvera.es/eng/location/

https://regular.autobusing.com/venta/inicio

Nigel

Pirateprincess
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pirateprincess » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:01 pm

:thumbup: thank you
LOUISE M

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:16 pm

I have friends in this area and can get any info you want... I sent you a pm..

KarenD
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby KarenD » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi

We've got a holiday home in Olvera and we're hoping to move there permanently next year. We've been very successful renting our house out and all our guests seem to love the town. The only criticism I have is that the restaurants are a bit "samey". Mind you, we live down on the coast between Gib and Estepona so there's more choice down here.

Pirateprincess
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pirateprincess » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:33 pm

KarenD sounds good, I just worry about the distances from airports,are there schools,etc we had a place up in the Jane area very hard to get to etc
LOUISE M

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Lovely place, lots of amenities, on the Via Verde route. My sister has a house in the next village of Pruna. Very friendly locals, all amenities, great builder's merchants who are very helpful. She has had lots of work done and has really integrated with the locals. In the early days when she had to stay for weeks at a time, she used to meet an 80 year old at the bar for breakfast every morning. She bought the coffee and he gave her Spanish (Andalucian) lessons.
The expats have been a life saver for her. They have dealt with and helped her through every possible challenge and hurdle and still do when she is not there.
About 1 and a half hours from Malaga airport, though she drives like a Spaniard these days.
We have spent many happy hours in Olvera. As already said, there are not many buses but you get to know the times and see if you can fit them in. Olvera has a small bus station and it goes to Cordoba and Seville. Love it.

Pirateprincess
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pirateprincess » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:18 pm

Could you fly into Seville? I'd be looking for school,a youngster and possible college or something for and older one is this possible
LOUISE M