Long Term Parking Malaga AGP

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
country boy
Andalucia Guru

Long Term Parking Malaga AGP

Postby country boy » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:08 pm

We're off on a short excursion to Blighty in April and have just booked space in P3 as per usual..... however this time I was offered Parking in P1 and also VIP. Anyone done this and how does it work? P3 was €30 for 5 days, P1 was €54 and VIP was 80 something.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Long Term Parking Malaga AGP

Postby costakid » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:52 pm

VIP will be a meet you at terminal and take your car away. When you arrive back your car will be outside terminal with a driver. Well thats how it works in the UK apart from East Midlands where you park , give in your keys and walk 100 yards to terminal.

gina59
Resident

Postby gina59 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:52 am

I always use Parkingmar at St Julian just outside airport. I have found them very good with a drop off and pickup service. Last year I went back to uk for 1 month and was charged 50 euros. They will also clean and valet car for an extra 12 euros.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:30 am

Costa Golf would cost you €17.50. It's the only parking I would ever use.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:44 am

Thanks all! What I really wondered was how the P1 and VIP options worked specifically at AGP?

wavydavy

Postby wavydavy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi All,

My first post! (Be gentle!)
At our community in Calahonda, I have organised a group of owners to take it in turns to take each other to and from the airport. We use plasticised tokens (credit card sized) to 'pay' for each trip. The driver gets the token and uses it when he needs an airport pick up.
The scheme works really well via email, is free to use and I can email the rule we use if anyone is interested.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:03 pm

Hi wavydavy & welcome to the forum :wave:

That sounds like a briliant idea - expect it's best when you have a large proportion of UK expats, or do the Spanish use it as well ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:04 pm

there are alot of parking companies around the airport, all with similar charges. Vip service, or at least where i work, means that you give them a call when you are approaching the airport, and someone meets you there. you take your luggage out the car, make sure you have phones and passports etc, then the driver goes away in the car. When you come back you call once you have the luggage and they bring the car back to departures, you load p, pay, and drive away. It means that you dont have to go to the office etc.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:06 pm

as for your question countryboy - p3 is out by the control tower, p1 is right next to the airport. its a question of wether or not you want to get on the little shuttle bus.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:03 am

spanish_lad wrote: .... then the driver goes away in the car. When you come back you call once you have the luggage and they bring the car back to departures, you load p, pay, and drive away. It means that you dont have to go to the office etc.
I am interested to know the the cars go and get parked. I see a lot of cars parked on the roads around Leroy Merlin and Bricomart for example and covered in dust like they've been there for a while and wonder if some carparking companies just leave them there .... not suggesting that's where your employer parks them up SL!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:07 pm

there are several companies that use .. on street parking ... as "their car park" ... :( i wont name them, but i will never recomend them. We have just moved from a 6000m2 plot to a 33,000m2 plot. ALL our cars are parked on or own land. When we have 3 or 4 cars to collect in a row, and theres only 2 of us working they get put into the airport carpark for an hour or so, which we pay for. The cars that park with a parking company are their responsibility while they have the keys, if you see any damage when your car is returned, let them know straight away.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:06 pm

Just to resurrect this post and give everyone a bit of info.

We went back to Blighty for a longer holiday on 4th July. Booked as usual into P3 a few weeks in advance. Got to the barrier and it wouldn't open when we pressed the button. Walked to the office and were told that the car park was full but, as we had a reservation, we could park in P1 for the same money. Bundle of paperwork was provided with instructions to take ticket on entry and then go to the office with the paperwork. At P1 and much tooth sucking later we were given the usual endorsed ticket and told to pay at the machine when we got back...
.Just got back....machine would not accept ticket so had to tramp back down to office and pay manually as per P3.

Short story is, it did cost the same as P3 but involved long hike on foot past Terminal 2 and Terminal 1 and was no quicker than using the bus to P3. Sooo...the answer to my question is, in my opinion, that the option I was originally offered back in the Spring certainly would not have been worth the extra cash. So now I know...phwew!

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:55 pm

Thank you. We are warned