Mammogram cost?

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
brenda
Resident

Mammogram cost?

Postby brenda » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:50 pm

Has anyone paid to have a Mammogram done locally? If so, where did you have it done and what was the cost?

Thank you for any replies.

baroness
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Mammogram cost?

Postby baroness » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:37 pm

€60 at the Polyclinica in El Ejido, Almeria. Result given by doctor in residence. Appointments can be made the day before. jeff

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:17 pm

I know there is a clinic here in Velez. Will check it out and post tomorrow. It is just off Calle Reinidero which is the road that the taxis park.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:15 am

I use Clinica Radiologica Rubi, C/Clara Campoamor, Velez Tel 951 258391 clinicaradiologicarubi.es

I think she charges about 70€ for a mammogram and is very good. It has always been nice and quiet when I've been and she seems to work alone in the clinic. She speaks excellent English and types up your results whilst you wait.

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:14 pm

OK Brenda, I checked the clinic, unfortunately it is closed for two days but the details are as follows. Clinica Rubi, Calle Clara Campamor, Velez. If you walk passed the taxi rank, to a paint shop on the corner, turn left just there on the left. As it was closed couldn't check prices.

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Hate not to complete what I start so here are the final details. You can find them on the web at clinicaradiologicarubi.es. Or tel 951-258-391. Mammogram and breast ultrasound 100 euros.

baroness
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby baroness » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:54 pm

Update. Today my wife had a mammogram at El Ejido Polyclinica. Went in to make an appointment, told now if she would like, agreed, good result all for €80. (€20 increase from 3 years ago). Hope that helps,
jeff

lennylou
Tourist

Postby lennylou » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:05 am

Saw this topic had a look at the website for Clinica Rubi in Velez Malaga it stated special offer 100 euros for mammogram and ultrasound. Made an appointment charge was 100 euros for the mammogram plus 76 euros for the ultra sound. Apparently the special offer is an old one!!!! It also states that reports can be translated please ask. Dr Rubi speaks perfect English reports are in Spanish and there is a charge for a translation. I am here on holiday saw the topic and thought I would have it done its every three years in the UK on the NHS was a bit shocked at the price but at least there is no waiting and the report is instant. Moral of the story is do not take website information for granted.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:32 am

Glad you mentioned your experience. Our Doctor still has that advert up for the special offer so when I next have mine done I will check the price first as I always seem to need both done.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:31 pm

In Spain if you, as a female, are registered with a health service doctor than the test are free.
My wife often gets phone calls to say her Mammogram is overdue.
She has it done privately via Provision Medica.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:09 pm

Glad someone else mentioned it, because I was wondering why so many who appear to be residents are paying for this. My missus never requested a mammogram, but for as long as I can remember has automatically received bi-annual appointments with the public health service.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:51 pm

I am below pension age and do not work here so have always been told I cannot be registered to use the free Spanish health service. When we first moved here we did get 2 years free cover under the E106 but that expired 13 years ago.

Due to this we have just paid privately as we needed to to see the Dr and have tests done. We are permanent Spanish residents and registered for tax, but no-one has ever confirmed that we can use the NHS here.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Gerry, correct. My wife's appointment arrived in the post today. In the past it was just a letter asking her to ring for an appointment. This time they sent a appointment.

A bit more efficient than Carlos Haya I'm still waiting for an appointment for an MRI which has to be done before the 23rd.. Thanks to thepetsistance ofa friend (80phone calls) we now knowthatmyscaniss heduled for Monday 22nd nice ofthem to tell us inadvance!
Last edited by Campo Steve on Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:12 pm

I was called for a mammogram here, I told them that I was not registered with the Spanish NHS and had private cover, I was told that it did not matter, it was an initiative by the Junta and all women registered as residents were offered a mammogram. We have since been given medical cover (tax residents before the date needed to be covered under the new rules) and have been re-called for a mammogram 2 years later. :thumbup:

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:06 pm

I've just seen an ad in one of the free publicidad magazine which says that Clinicas Rincon are offering mammograms for €36 as part of a breast cancer awareness campaign. It doesn't say how long the offer applies for but the number to ring for information is 951 000 100. Thought it might be of interest to someone.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun May 01, 2016 9:10 am

Wicksey wrote:I am below pension age and do not work here so have always been told I cannot be registered to use the free Spanish health service. When we first moved here we did get 2 years free cover under the E106 but that expired 13 years ago.

Due to this we have just paid privately as we needed to to see the Dr and have tests done. We are permanent Spanish residents and registered for tax, but no-one has ever confirmed that we can use the NHS here.
If you have had residencia before april 2012 then you are entitled to free S.H.S treatment. You just need to registar.

Does anyone have any more recent prices for the test