Letter from my bank

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Letter from my bank

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:22 pm

I agree they should have sent a letter which is how they usually communicate with me, hence my mini panic when the email arrived ! Having said that, I think they do not have everone's email - they only have mine from when hubby died...
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:47 pm

Does anyone know if i can just scan and email, passport, p60 and bank statement or do i have to go in person?

Spannerdave
Tourist

Bank Account Locked.

Postby Spannerdave » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:52 pm

Dear Members

I'm sorry if this topic has been done to death but I wonder if anyone has some up to date information. About three weeks ago the bank (Unicaja) informed me by posting a message on my online account, that due to money laundering laws our account has been locked until we provide " necessary documents" I have posted back a message asking exactly what they need but there has been no reply There is a link on the bank website to send copies of passports and this I have done. I'm out there in two weeks to visit the bank and want to be sure that I will be fully armed with anything they need.

has anyone met this and what's the format ?

Many thanks

Dave

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Spannerdave, I have moved your post to this thread rather than create a new thread on the same subject.

Sid

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi Spannerdave,
We did this recently............
Required Documents in our case......... Passport and Green Form (can stay over 90 days)

In lieu of Green Form probably need NIE Form.

You may need more Docs....see Chrissie's Post
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Pistol Pete
Tourist

Postby Pistol Pete » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:54 pm

Emailed copies of our latest payslips direct to the assistant who we opened the account with.

Although it still required a further visit into the bank to get him to check the email!!! (luckily we were in Spain when ours got locked)

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:09 pm

Is it only Unicaja at the moment who are doing this?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:14 pm

I think the others have been there and done it.....last year for Cajamar?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:05 pm

Answers to questions :
There is a list of Unicaja requirements at the top of the thread in my original post, and yes, you can do it all by email. Mine came from the main branch, in the town, although I think my account is based in a different branch on the outskirts, and the one I always use (parking so much easier). I haven't looked, but I would imagine you can find individual branch contact details on the main Unicaja site
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Posted a letter and copies of our P60s and Passports. I'm waiting with baited breath, as is Endesa, the water company, the broadband company, my maintenance company etc. All of whom have probably cut me off.

If only they'd sent an email or a letter a few months ago! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:15 pm

Ashtondav , sent you a PM.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:18 am

Email confirmation today that only P60 is required.

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:56 am

Just received, today in my Unicaja online account inbox, a message confirming all that's been said in previous posts above. It seems to be done on an
ad- hoc basis as my deadline is 16th August and there is, completely unhelpfully, NO list of approved documents. I am a resident and pay taxes via modelo 100, so I'm hoping that the tax return printout will suffice. Will let you know how/if it gets done.
nil illegitimum carborundum

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:28 am

UPDATE: Just returned from said bank and the presentation of a copy of modelo 100 (annual tax return) was accepted with no other documentation needed.
nil illegitimum carborundum

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:06 pm

Hi All
On the 05/07/2016 I posted in the Living in Spain section the following post. Although it received 504 views nobody made any comment so I just thought nobody is interested. That appears to be wrong.
"Just been informed of the requirements of banking transparency law (Aplicacion Normativa: Documentacion Necesaria segun Ley 10/2010)
Today being the final day for submission (brilliant).

Whilst proof of sources of income will be no problem, the problem lies in proofing someone has no income. I have my pension but my wife has no income, how do you go about proving no income.

Tax returns are divided between the pair of us, will this suffice because the form states each individual."

I was notified via a slip of paper enclosed in my bank statements from Unicaja, this is the method they use to inform me of any up coming tax events I need to know about.

I emailed my branch because my original bank branch is now 100km away (from first purchase in Spain), so good I keep it there. Received a reply same day telling me exactly what was required and stressed the urgency of going to my local Unicaja branch to sort it out. Gave me her phone number if there was a problem.
As it happens whilst I was dealing with it at the bank teller she rang to see if everything was ok and helped the bank teller through the process, then she spoke to me to tell me that everything was now ok.
Now I am none resident I have never seen the point in going through all the hoops to get a bit of paper, I pay my taxes here (well a zero tax return) just to keep everything in order. One thing the person on the phone did say to me after everything had been dealt with I am now considered by the bank to be resident .

The service and help I have received from Unicaja is far superior to anything in the UK since the good old days when bank managers were respected and served the customer not themselves.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Lucky you! I dont get paper statements from Unicaja and I received no letter or email about this. Just a suspended account notice a few days ago. Cr*p service!

soegaard
Tourist

Postby soegaard » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:09 pm

The Unicaja branch in Competa reopened our account after I send them a pdf of my Danish tax return from 2015 with a short explanation in English.
All the standing orders were payed while the account was closed so no problems with Endesa, Movistar etc. But of course I could not transfer any money to the account so it would soon run out of funds. Now it's open again and I have just transferred some money. It works.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:42 pm

Competa is also our home branch; have found them very professional and always helpful. Caleta, too - but busy.

Can't say the same about the Unicaja branch opposite Supersol (Azucera), where service was just gruesome. We terminated the account there within a few weeks of opening it, after repeated laziness and rudeness by staff, including the manager.
Chris

jausten
Tourist

Postby jausten » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:36 pm

So would a P60 be OK along with new copies of our passports?

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:53 pm

I posted p60s to Unicaja, and passports and explanation signed by me and my wife. No response either by email or mail so assumed all well.

This was NOT ENOUGH! Logged in the following week and the Account remained blocked. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Luckily we were visiting spain the following week, as We had to go in person, wait for the service person to scroll through numerous screens and finally ask for a signature. First of all they said they only needed OHs signature. Yippee! Account unblocked - but only for a day! They then decided I had to sign as well, so another trip, another 30 minute wait and finally, YAY, we can withdraw money!

Good old Spain - you couldn't make it up for a sit com. The degree of incompetence is staggering.