El Torcal Antequera

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
gavilan
Andalucia Guru

El Torcal Antequera

Postby gavilan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:30 am

?Has anyone visited El Torcal recently ... I havent been for years and am thinking of taking family there when they come next week ... I have heard that there is a visitor centre and defined walks around the rock formations now ... I would be interested to hear what members thought of the place ...

andalucia
Site Admin

Re: El Torcal Antequera

Postby andalucia » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:58 am

Here is the page updated not to long ago with walks, cafe

http://www.andalucia.com/antequera/torcal/home.htm

Any updates or additions please let us know.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Thank you A.com for that info ... most helpful ... it would still be interesting to hear from anyone who has been there recently ... eg as I will have 2 hungry teenagers with me, it would be helpful to know if the food there is reasonable in quality and price or better to take a picnic?!

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:03 pm

Restaurant there is very good: snacks and full meals. Well cooked and served when we were there a few months back. Good value, too.
Chris

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:05 pm

My wife and I have eaten there fairly recently.
The food and restaurant are fairly basic, the service is friendly and the food is reasonably priced and edible.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:08 pm

I have to agree with Gerry. More of a cafe than a restaurant but nice and clean.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:11 pm

thanks for your comments guys ... maybe I plan to eat in cafe with teenagers but have some of our own extras afterwards to top up/fill any gaps ...

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:08 pm

Hi All

We were there on Wednesday (10 August) with assorted grandchildren, and the only problem was that the cinema was closed because 'audio roto'. The cafe / restaurant was very good, the two signed walks and views were excellent, the unique rock formations were unique(!), generally it was a good day out, and a nice quiet change..... But it was a bit chilly compared to Sevilla province - about 20C around midday......

Enjoy - well worth it

Vincent

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:38 pm

For those who drive up from malaga which exit do you take. Ive only been once and the sat nav took us on shall i say a senic route!

Mariacristina
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariacristina » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:41 am

El Torcal is spectacularly beautiful with great walks and great views. Lots of feral mountain goats about, so nimble that they seem to fly from rock to rock. The rock formations themselves will fire your imagination . . . the stuff that fairy tales are made of. The restaurant (cafeteria?) is pretty good for such an isolated place. Food is satisfactory and served with a smile and the prices are very fair considering they have a captive clientele! If you are going to be accompanied by a couple of teenagers I would take extra supplies as well. As a bonus, the loos at the visitor centre were quite respectable.

While you are in the area you could also visit the Dolmens (I haven't been there yet) and the Wolf Park . . . educational rather than touristy . . . fascinating.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:13 pm

...And if you leave Torcal, join the main road again, and head East and keep going, you will (a) pass a couple of interesting restaurants, and (b) find your way to Lobo Park - wolf park - a fascinating visit in itself. Take a camera! Check out their website first.
Chris

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:34 pm

you take the 115km exit & follow the signs to Vva de la Concepcion. From there you take A5705 northwards and somewhere along there there should be signs ! It's some time since we last visited, & if it is as improved as it sounds, there will prpobably be better signage :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:21 pm

Cant wait to go and see all the sights. Will be staying in Antequera in September

curatokid
Resident

Postby curatokid » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:49 pm

When in the area of Antequera be careful to respect the road speed limits as the enforcement officers are in attendence ! The roads in the area of El Torcal can be 40 kph,,,The village of Villaneuva de la Conception has some decent restaurants and Tapas bars....

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:04 pm

Thanks curatokid. Will tell OH. Also everybody's tips re eating places