The "Back" Button using Chrome

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
SpanishBlue
Andalucia.com Amigo

The "Back" Button using Chrome

Postby SpanishBlue » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Does anyone find the "Back" button no longer works using Windows 10, Chrome - No problems with Firefox.

If eg I click on something, to return the previous page, out of habit I am used to pressing "Back" on the keyboard. Now I have to use the mouse and click on the browser back button.

Just wondering if it's just me, or has there been some sort of software "improvement"? :wtf:

Basti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: The "Back" Button using Chrome

Postby Basti » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:42 pm

Yes same with me it stopped working about 2 weeks ago and I cannot seem to sort it !!!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi Guys,
Yes its a new Improvement.....not

"Very few users use the backspace key to go back, but rather the purpose of this change is to prevent the accidental loss of data in webpages/forms if backspace is pressed from the webpage and the page goes away. This has been a long requested update, and the Chrome developers feel it's the right choice to change this given the degree of pain users feel by losing their data and because every platform has another keyboard combination that navigates back."

Can use the following............

Alt+Left - Back page
Alt+Right - Forward page

Firefox rules.............
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Basti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Basti » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:20 am

Thanks enrique, its good to know why these things happen, it is no problem as you say there are other ways to go back. Agree that firefox is good.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:00 pm

I never knew that you could use a keyboard button to go back. As my hand is always on my mouse (!!) as I use it to scroll pages and click to open articles, I always have used the back buttons on the screen. Chrome is freezing again today, so I cannot close down the tabs - doh!

SpanishBlue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby SpanishBlue » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:19 pm

I have just found a "Back to Back" browser extension for Google Chrome in their Chrome Web Store. - It restores the backspace back navigation feature in the browser.

Note that it requires permission to read and change data on web pages you visit.

The extension works right out of the box which means that you can hit the backspace key to go back a page in the Chrome browser.

You can find it here....

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... bbjcahildm