Block pavers?

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Hirsty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Block pavers?

Postby Hirsty » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi....can't seem to find block pavers here..Are they available in Spain and if so what are they called??? Ta
If I knew where I was going I'd be lost.......

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Block pavers?

Postby Enrique » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi Hirsty,
A general search ...............Example.

http://www.paginasamarillas.es/paviment ... u/all-nc/1

You will have to ring around suppliers and see if they can recommend an "block Pavers"............Pavimentadoras........ :?:

http://www.prefabricadossanblas.com/pro ... xtura-fina

Patterned concrete could be the another way to go............ :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:08 am

Lots of neighbours here have has patterned/imprinted concrete installed. Lots of colours and patterns to choose from.
Chris

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:54 pm

Go to your local Proveedora de Construcción - they will have a choice, usually stacked outside behind the "shop" in the yard. You won't get preferential prices as an individual rather than a trader, but if you have a large patio to do they may do you a special offer. Its the same place you get bags of cement, quantities of sand, pipework various, breeze blocks, roofing tiles, etc etc

Hirsty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Hirsty » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Thanks all!
If I knew where I was going I'd be lost.......

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:12 pm

Remember to get a small works licence....paved or printed concrete drives show up well on the satellite pictures....if you are doing a d-i-y job you must cost in your own labour at realistic rates when you submit the plans and estimate.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Must vary region to region. Cost of materials alone here for the licence. They even supply the price per linear metre ,M2, m3, etc; of everything applicable under 'small works licence'. All on freely available A4 sheets.
Todos somos Lorca.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:35 pm

Interesting gus-lopez, because we are hoping to move up to the Mar Menor area from Andalucia, and I have started asking about the rules and laws on a regional version of A.com. Sadly this seems to lack even pale imitations of El Cid, Beachcomber and other luminaries, with the height of it being advice that you can buy tools in a shop called a ferreteria .... :roll:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:18 pm

Oh Peteroldracer - sounds like you are in for a culture shock out east ...You will be able to help them all out at least with YOUR experiences.

Gus-Lopez - its the same here in deepest Huelva province ... any works even to resurface a previously concreted patio area needs a minor works licence from the Catastral office at the Town Hall, and they charge just a flat rate per square meter on some sort of scale they work to for work that is being done by the owner. If you have a contractor then you hand over a copy of their estimate (including VAT of course!!)