Anyone bank on-line with La Caixa? Need advice.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
concorde
Resident

Anyone bank on-line with La Caixa? Need advice.

Postby concorde » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:16 pm

La Caixa have a "new look" to their on-line banking, just found out today.

One thing I'm struggling wit is how to stop a direct debit, I did see it the other day but it seems to have vanished.
It does tell you in Spanish where to find it , in the new Reciibo box, but where!

All the original due debits are there and Im sure last week it stated how you could cancel them.
I may have to stop it via their local branch but just want a back-up :problem:

Been searching for the last 15mins but no joy.

gus
Resident

Re: Anyone bank on-line with La Caixa? Need advice.

Postby gus » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:21 pm

Can you actually stop a direct debit?
In the U.K. it is only the receiving account which can stop a direct debit. You need to instruct them to cease, rather than instructing the bank. Or so I believe!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Hi gus,
You can Cancel DD.............

Example.............. https://www.lloydsbank.com/new_internet ... tage3.html

Other Banks have similar
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:55 am

Yes, you can stop DDs. I have done it many times even though the bank and the DD recipient doesnt like it. Bank asks me to tell the recipient, which I do after cancellation. We are led to believe that we cannot do it, but nobody tells me what to do with my money in my bank. Go ahead

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:17 am

Hi concorde,
"I did see it the other day but it seems to have vanished." .has it already been stopped.......... :idea:

I'm guessing that the "new look" doesn't do English.........Looking at my Bank(Spanish) they have all the popular Northern European languages. and they seem to go into all areas of the site.

Are you using a "New Private Window" in your Browser to access the site...............?

The "Login" Page can be had in English...........does it not stay that way once you have Logged in......... :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

bigal
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bigal » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:04 am

Once logged in, bring up your Account with all the transactions showing, scroll down to the bottom, where you will see "consult the direct debits" Click on this and all your DD's will appear with options on the right, including the option to cease payment. As with everything else, it's not easy to find!

Regards, Alan
Alan - aka the anorexic grasshopper

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:31 am

Got it!
Thanks Bigal, how easy was that! I guess there 'improved site" threw me, especially when I had only been on it recently.
I seemed to be going round in circles when I knew I had seen the way to do it the other day.

I'd been concentrating on when the next dd's were due, which I'd accessed from my main account receipts.

I'm sure most on-line banks think that their 'new improved look site, which is designed for their customers ease of use", is a fiendish plan to confuse!
Well, it confused me anyway.
Not much good giving you the option of English, then having a full help page in Spanish.

I have no plans to cancel anything yet, but just a little forward planning hopefully saves time and energy later.

Thanks for everyones input.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:37 pm

concorde wrote:Got it!

I have no plans to cancel anything yet, but just a little forward planning hopefully saves time and energy later.

Thanks for everyones input.
+ money as if you cancel at branch it is a maximum of 2€ & a minimum of 50cents. :thumbup:
Todos somos Lorca.