Torre del mar police foreigners department

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alisonb
Resident

Torre del mar police foreigners department

Postby alisonb » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Has anyone been recently? Can you make an appointment? If not, what time do you need to get there to get the precious number to queue? Thanks. Really looking forward to a trip there!
AlisonB

quebin
Resident

Re: Torre del mar police foreigners department

Postby quebin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:09 pm

My wife went 2 weeks ago to help someone with an application for a NIE and arrived before 8 am, they were not the first in the queue! I think appointments are only for Spanish nationals.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:48 pm

Earlier in the year they were actually operating two queues. If you let the officer on the door know that you are extranjero/foreigner, you are issued with a 'slot', and therefore do not have to join the bigger queue.
Be tactful about queueing outside, though, before they open; not a good idea to queue-jump at this point!
Chris

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:52 pm

.............. I think appointments are only for Spanish nationals. .............................
Why would Spanish nationals be going to the Police Foreigners Department???

Or am I missing something!!???

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:05 pm

No, but they do use the same public part of the building.
Chris

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:34 am

Thanks. Will have to set the alarm clock
AlisonB

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:49 am

There are signs up at the door now to indicate that the queue on one side (the left hand side one if I remember rightly) is for Extranjeros and the other side for Españoles. Cita previas are available only for Spanish citizens applying for passports or for new DNIs for children, which are dealt with in the same office but at different counters.

One thing which has changed quite recently is that they no longer give you a copy of the Modelo 790 form (the one you need to take to the bank and pay the fee before returning to the Extranjeria office to have whatever you need processed) in the office. They just give you a slip of paper telling you where it can be downloaded from, or that you can obtain a copy from the photocopy/photo shop next door. The shop next door will give you 3 copies of the relevant form (that's one copy for the bank, one for the Extranjeria and one for you to keep) and they all have to be filled in separately. Why they don't give you one copy to fill in and then make 2 photocopies, I have no idea.

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:53 pm

We've been today. Got there at 7:55 and left finally at 11:30. Having said that, the longest delay was probably the bank queue. For anyone who hasn't been, there is only one bank (Cajamar) close to the police station and they use the random queueing system. Free at last has outlined the process at the police station. The only comments I would add are that the queueong system outside for nationals and foreigners doesn't work. It's still a big scrum. In the past they have had 2 desks working don't know whether it was unlucky this morning, but there was only one, and when we eventually returned from the bank the lady had gone for her breakfast. If you don't speak Spanish too well, it's not immediately obvious that you also need to get Modelo 790. As FAL says, why you have to fill in three separately is a mystery but it does say photocopies are not acceptable. All in all, there are better ways to spend a morning but we did get a chance for Churros at the bar next door
AlisonB

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:17 pm

I wonder whose cousin runs the copy shop next door?
Perhaps the nearby cafe should put in an internet terminal and printer.
Has no-one heard of self-carbonating forms?
Oh, dear.
Chris